JKOwners Forum banner
81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Did you cut any half circles or notches in the 1/2" plate before you welded them? If so what did you use?
I did not, they are just some scrap we had from a project. They work for about 50% of the stuff I use the press for. Pinion and carrier bearings need the HF arbor plates, but those jobs aren't very demanding.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Awesome thread...

I was going to get some reviews here on the HF air tools before I bought them (just like the GearWrench purchases I just made) and I was ecstatic to see the impact guns on here. Yay coin!:)

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Damnit, way to make me want to buy new ones. I know mine suck already!

I just wish those things weren't so expensive [I know, "how can you put a price on safety" is coming]
Couldn't you have a set cut to your specs for fairly cheap? My local steel place has all sorts of remnants(up to 1.5' thick!) For great prices. They do CNC plasma too. Probably could get a set for less than 50.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Just used their $30 HVLP spray gun that goes for $10 [coupon] all the time...damn impressed!

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Just used their $30 HVLP spray gun that goes for $10 [coupon] all the time...damn impressed!
did you just spray them (doors i am assuming) outside or make a makeshift spray booth in your garage?

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
did you just spray them (doors i am assuming) outside or make a makeshift spray booth in your garage?
I'll be doing it in a makeshift booth in the garage.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Pick up an extra moving blanket and wrap it around the pieces you're pressing.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Pass through socket set... on sale.

Just got the pass through rachet set on sale for ($19 IIRC) my shock replacement... goes all the way to 19mm (including 18mm) and I stood up just fine paired against my IR TiMax impact on 150psi of CO2. :)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Just got the pass through rachet set on sale for ($19 IIRC) my shock replacement... goes all the way to 19mm (including 18mm) and I stood up just fine paired against my IR TiMax impact on 150psi of CO2. :)
Got this same set today. Used a 20% off coupon and got it for 16 bucks. Killer deal and the package says lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
391 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Jumbo Wrenches ?

Has anyone tried the jumbo wrenches? The big ole adjustable wrench I got there years ago has worked fine for all of the plus-size bolts, but thought wrenches might be a little easier to maneuver. Especially the ones with the angled ends.

http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/wrenches/6-piece-jumbo-angle-wrench-set-34842.html
http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/wrenches/6-piece-sae-jumbo-combination-wrench-set-925.html
http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-t...etric-jumbo-combination-wrench-set-33284.html

81 - 100 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.