JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Halloween is fast approaching and we just finished decorating our house this past weekend. It's an annual thing in our household to decorate. :D Here are some pics:

Anyone else love Halloween?!?!?!?

·
Registered
475 Posts
love halloween but having that chucky with a knife on the front porch..................would freak me out a little. that doll's unstopable.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
love halloween but having that chucky with a knife on the front porch..................would freak me out a little. that doll's unstopable.
it's funny cause it seems that more people are afraid of Chucky than Hannibal Lechter...I love horror characters in general, so my son isn't scared of 'em (thank God!)

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
I used to dress up and sit silently on the porch with a bucket full of candy. :devil:

Although many would suspect there was a person in the costume... I could still scare the snot out of some of the bigger kids. :devil:

Best one was when I had a little 15yo ruffian from down the street come up and I stayed still until he had his hand in the bucket and thought he was going to grab the whole thing and run. I stood and yelled HEY. I about died laughing after I realized that he not only jumped back but pee'd his pants to boot.

I haven't done that in a while as the kids are getting fewer and fewer and my old bones thinks it's getting colder and colder, too cold to sit outside all night.

I love your decorations. My grandmother taught me to love Halloween and decorate. :bounce:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Pre-kids we used to go all out decorating the yard. I had teenagers scared to come in the yard. In fact we did it till the wife was pregnant with the second child then we slacked off. Shortly after the birth of the second we moved into an area where we were one of 10 houses and the only one with kids so we started doing things like the mall and then the SC Aquarium for Halloween. We won many kid and adult costume contest prizes. Now that we live out in the sticks we would only be decorating for us. Next year however I plan to go all out agian as my kids are getting too old to Trick or Treat or go places where more little kids than teenagers are (two daughters 12 1/2 and 11) so we may have a big kick butt teenage halloween party here complete with haunted forest. Of course that is next year so I can hit the after Halloween sales for stuff.
BTW if anyone needs any pointers ask. I know how to make edible fake blood (in a crockery pot that bubbled no less) and you would be suprised what one of those soft cheapo kids balls will do when stuffed into a full mask. I had a yard full of heads one year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts