JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are the half steel doors available in the aftermarket or only from the factory? I would really like to have a set for my 4 door

· Registered
498 Posts
the element tube doors by bestop have a steel enclosure to add on to it, but I don't think it accepts uppers like the stock half doors....If you want the actual stock style door you can not buy it from the factory, there was a guy that wanted them so bad he bought the doors in pieces but ended up spending somewhere in the range of $5,000 in parts for a 4door

· Registered
691 Posts
yeah, jeepsrus.com sells the factory half doors, complete with the upper halfs for $2800 a pair, and then you have to get them painted yet too. Thats pretty salty if you ask me. I think I'm just gonna go with some of bestops canvas uppers and lowers for the summer time, and run my full doors the rest of the year.

· Registered
7 Posts
How much of a difference is there in road noise at highway speeds between half doors and full doors? I don't need it to be absolutely quiet inside but would like to be able to talk onthe phone at least. And what about keeping the inside cool/heated?

G

·
way more road noise
X2. If you do a lot of highway driving or like a nice quite ride I wouldn’t get a 4 door with half doors. I really like having half doors but my JK it’s not my daily driver and I only use it on weekends for fun most of the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.