JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone built there own half doors ? If you have post a few pic's. I'm thinking about making a set in the spring.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a cnc plasma table and was thinking of making the skins out of 1/8" steel and the frames out of tube.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I made my rear half doors. I bought a set of full doors off craigslist for 500.00, gutted them, cut them in half, shaved the handle and fitted them for the soft uppers I have that go with my soft doors. The doors were full power doors so I was able to keep the factory lock feature off the key fob. I also kept the factory interior panel, I had to cut it down and relocate the factory door handle. If I would sell off all the internals from the doors I would recover almost the full cost of the doors. I had to have some help with the patch panels from where I shaved the exterior handle....welding that sheet metal was a challenge for me. I made my front bumper but the factory sheet metal is so thin and my welding skills are at the novice level.

·
Registered
266 Posts
i plan on eventually making tube doors and skin them, so i reply just to subscribe...

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
I built a set of half doors for mine. Outer skin is 1/8", inner is 16 gauge. Uses bear claw latches, and take either Rugged Ridge or Bestop uppers. I have been running them for years with no issues. I built everything on them including the hinges that are on floating nuts to allow gap adjustment. They also use late TJ style mirrors.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I made a set of half doors kinda lol used 3/16 alum ,went to wreakers got some hinges and bought some latches. Used a set of Harley mirrors that I got off a buddy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts