JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

It's getting warm outside so i have been thinking about some half doors, does anybody have experience with the HighRock 4x4 Element Doors? I like the option of adding in stages and it looks like you can run the tube doors, tube doors with storage bags, tube doors with skins or tube doors with skins and soft uppers. Is anybody running these? if so do you like them, do they rattle? if you had to do it over would you have went another route? I am also open to other brands... Any thoughts? :)

Scott

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Hello All,

It's getting warm outside so i have been thinking about some half doors, does anybody have experience with the HighRock 4x4 Element Doors? I like the option of adding in stages and it looks like you can run the tube doors, tube doors with storage bags, tube doors with skins or tube doors with skins and soft uppers. Is anybody running these? if so do you like them, do they rattle? if you had to do it over would you have went another route? I am also open to other brands... Any thoughts? :)

Scott
Have never seen the elements in person, but I know Todd at JSS has some regular half doors for sale (or did). I have ran tube doors before and eventually went back to regular half doors or no doors at all.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I have the Element doors with the removable gear bag. Except with an issue with the driver side door latch they have been great. I can stand on the little foot step and they are solid.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go doors or no doors, Scotty! Don't be a Vuh-jye-nuhhhh! :shitstorm:

RC
oh, i did not not know running half doors or tube doors screams vagina... I will have to do a little more pondering on this one... lets take a poll....

Half doors and tube doors...

A) suck because you cant put tire shine on them...

B) Suck because at the mall people can reach in and steal your shit...

C) Suck because people can see you adjusting your genitalia..

D) All of the above...

Blaahahahahaaaaaaa :thefinger:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
RC puts tire shine on everything. He even puts it on his genitalia.
True that people can reach in a steal stuff, but since my windows unzip I tend not to keep anything worth stealing in it anytime.
The one downside of tube doors is playing swap with the mirror. Befoe I put mine on again I'm going to get a mirror relocation kit so I won't have to swap.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've got those doors. I like no doors but it's def a little peace of mind when the wife and kiddos are in the heep. I bought them for very much the same reason, I like the ability to close them up if the weather changes. I started with just the doors. I ordered them last July 5th but didnt get them til Oct so I haven't had much time using them ( go figure Bestop didn't have summer doors in stock during the summer). I'd say the finish is good but the fit leaves a little to be desired. The latch end of the fronts sits about 1" lower than the hinge side of the rears. The limit straps included don't fit over the posts on either the jeep or the doors themselves. The holes for the oem mirrors are not located properly so the mirrors rest part on the tube and won't sit flat. Last complaint, they come with adapter cans for the oem mirrors due the attachment "prongs" on the mirrors. I don't think the cans are deep enough though b/c one of the bolts bottoms out before making contact with the can. All in all, I can work around all of these issues, so not a deal killer. I just think its sad that these have been out so long and these issues haven't been addressed. Great idea, poor execution. That said, they seemed to me to be the best option for a convertible half door. If you can go without the option to enclose, I think there are better options. Im pretty sure they rattle a little when going over the speed bumps at the mall, but they don't rattle enough to bother me. The paddles work well, but I tried out some others and the ORFab worked so much more smoothly. Hope that helps with your decision.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If anyone else has them I'd like to know if my experience is unique or common. I actually exchanged my first set thinking they were just a bad set made on a Friday but the second set has all the same problems.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If anyone else has them I'd like to know if my experience is unique or common. I actually exchanged my first set thinking they were just a bad set made on a Friday but the second set has all the same problems.
Thanks for the detailed response, i have yet to pull the trigger and your info helps...:)

Scott

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I forgot about the bolt in the adapter problem. I use the bolts form the hard top. Same pitch just shorter.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update, I ended up going with the Body Armor doors with TJ mirrors... Thanks for all the responses...:gluging:

Scott

·
Research, bro!
2,220 Posts
I have the BA doors. Really like them since I have dogs and gives me an added sense of security that they won't hop out as easily. The design/netting prevented a daypack from falling out at road speed once.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.