JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok boys and girls, gonna run H2H on the 25th of January.

What: Highway to Hell trail, Florence AZ
When: 25 January 2014
Where: Meet at the Valero on oracle and golder ranch road
Time: 0700 at the Valero on Golder ranch road and oracle. Depart 0715. This should put you in Florence at 0815, unload vehicles then head out to the trailhead by 0930.

some of us are heading up the afternoon of the 24th to camp out near the trailhead.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AT LEAST 35'S, AT LEAST ONE LOCKER, RECOVERY GEAR, RECOVERY ATTACHMENT POINTS DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD SAYING THAT YOU ARE GOING.

Here is a link with some good pics in of the obstacles you will face.

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197626

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Ok boys and girls, gonna run H2H on the 25th of January.

What: Highway to Hell trail, Florence AZ
When: 25 January 2014
Where: Meet at the Valero on oracle and golder ranch road
Time: TBD

some of us are heading up the afternoon of the 24th to camp out near the trailhead.Will find out later who all is going to come up on the 25th and arrange a meeting time at the start of H2H.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AT LEAST 35'S, AT LEAST ONE LOCKER, RECOVERY GEAR, RECOVERY ATTACHMENT POINTS DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD SAYING THAT YOU ARE GOING.

Here is a link with some good pics in of the obstacles you will face.

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197626
I will modify the requirements and say that you MUST have both front and rear selectable lockers...no exceptions! We aren't looking to go spend days recovering busted rigs. Shit can happen but no sense looking for trouble...lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Even if I met the requirements, I don't follow directions for shit! :thefinger:

Jim -

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have 35s! And lockers! And a winch and tow strap, and....I need those rings to put on my bumpers and to install my winch.....But sadly I don't know anything about car electronics so will need a wee bit o help with that if I am to go on this run. (Should have my skid plates on next weekend also as a random aside).

·
Registered
357 Posts
DAMN... Why do you always do the good runs while I am out of town... FUCKERS...

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have 35s! And lockers! And a winch and tow strap, and....I need those rings to put on my bumpers and to install my winch.....But sadly I don't know anything about car electronics so will need a wee bit o help with that if I am to go on this run. (Should have my skid plates on next weekend also as a random aside).
Are you running the stock front bumper? Do you have an aftermarket bumper? If you have an aftermarket bumper verify that the winch mounting holes line up with the holes in the bumper. If they do then bring it by my house on the 18th (EARLY) and we can get it wired up.

Get a more stable job that puts you home more. Having a cool job that pays a lot of money is cool but if you are never home to enjoy the fruits of your labor then it is not worth it.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Cause your wife gives us your schedule then we all plan some fun stuff while your away:D:thefinger:

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Are you running the stock front bumper? Do you have an aftermarket bumper? If you have an aftermarket bumper verify that the winch mounting holes line up with the holes in the bumper. If they do then bring it by my house on the 18th (EARLY) and we can get it wired up.
I'm running the AEV Tubeless front bumper as seen here: AEV Tubeless Front Bumper

I know it can take a winch and I even have the mounting plate for it, both the plate and winch just need to be installed. Also, that would be a no-go on the 18th. Sadly I have other commitments in the morning. I'll try and get it all done up in my free time. If not then next weekend later in the day I'll see if I can convince some of my buddies to at least provide the grunt work needed to get everything screwed in at least and then someone can give me the low down on the electronics side.

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm running the AEV Tubeless front bumper as seen here: AEV Tubeless Front Bumper

I know it can take a winch and I even have the mounting plate for it, both the plate and winch just need to be installed. Also, that would be a no-go on the 18th. Sadly I have other commitments in the morning. I'll try and get it all done up in my free time. If not then next weekend later in the day I'll see if I can convince some of my buddies to at least provide the grunt work needed to get everything screwed in at least and then someone can give me the low down on the electronics side.
Break out the book that came with it and there is a wiring diagram in it. If not go here and get the manual. It should not take you that long to do it.

http://www.harborfreight.com/12000-lb-off-road-vehicle-winch-with-automatic-load-holding-brake-68142-8038.html

1 - 20 of 107 Posts