1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
9,421 Posts
This Canadian has a hobby playing with scale R/C models of construction equipment. Bored with just building them, he decided to excavate his basement... 15 years ago.

http://jalopnik.com/5884800/since-1997-a-man-has-been-digging-out-his-basement-using-only-rc-scale+model-construction-equipment

Go Pro - YouTube
52 seconds into the video I got frustrated and would've went down there with a icecream scoop and done a yrs work in about 2 minutes. Damn Canadians!!!!!!!:flipoff:

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Must be the one guy that doesn't play hockey...

·
Registered
86 Posts
hold on...let me get this right...he sets the 2 RC cars up on the rock/ledge, scoops up all the dirt from one side of it, then dumps it on the other side of the rock...just to have another RC car scoop the dirt up again...?:suicide:

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Oh man, that guy has too much time on his hands! But I admire his modeling skills. Looks like the thing has a little hydro system!

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,377 Posts
He's prepping for Dec 2012.
That or digging a dungeon in case he does meet a girl....:idea:
Facial hair Hair Beard Chin Photo caption

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Shit...I don't have the patience to dig a hole with a shovel...can't imagine doing it with a RC excavator

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hold on...let me get this right...he sets the 2 RC cars up on the rock/ledge, scoops up all the dirt from one side of it, then dumps it on the other side of the rock...just to have another RC car scoop the dirt up again...?:suicide:
Actually, no. It gets better:

At an average rate of eight or nine cubic feet of earth moved each year, the process has been absolutely glacial. But what do you expect when every morning he drives his little excavator on its transport truck down to the basement, unloads it, and then uses it to dig out the basement walls.

Then Joe uses the excavators to load R/C trucks and they work their way up a spiral ramp to the basement window where the soil gets dumped outside.

Then, once it's outside, he uses bulldozers to consolidate the pile of excavated dirt.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Seems a bit obsessive, maybe there's some autism there. That aside, I think its kind of cool. Hell, I have one of those little indoor R/C Helicopters and I can fly that thing around the room for hours.

~SoCo

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.