JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Give it your best shot....don't throw your guns on your astro turfed living room floor and shoot a poloroid, give it the respect it really deserves......:smokin:

View attachment 850

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice puppies...is that a Daisy BB gun?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice fotos...sure you can compete....

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
And some more....you guys are a tough crowd or are friends of the Brady's.........

View attachment 926

·
Registered
397 Posts
Nice boot grip on that J frame.
I dont have any fancy pictures of my weapons, so i guess these will have to do.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love those lever actions...I'm looking to buy one that is a close reproduction of what was used back in the cowboy days...have any suggestions?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I love those lever actions...I'm looking to buy one that is a close reproduction of what was used back in the cowboy days...have any suggestions?

Depends on what you want to spend. I have always like the Winchester 1894, but they can be expensive. I have a newer model 94 carbine that I like to walk around with when exploring the desert. I like 30-30. You cant get them new anymore from Winchester, but there are plenty of used ones out there for a couple of hundred bucks. The pre 1964 model 1894 rifles and carbines can be in the thousands based on condition, caliber and fatory options. My humble collection consists of a 1894 rifle (top picture) in 30 WCF (30-30) with a custom stock/wood, take down, octagon barrel. According to the serial #, it was manufactured in 1896.

The second one down is the post '64 model 94 30-30 carbine. My walking gun.

the one below that is a Winchester 1894 Saddle Ring carbine in .25-35 WCF. It was made in 1926 and has a repair made on the stock, but still in good condition.

Marlin also makes a good lever action rifle, if you wanted to go new.

Hundy, I will have to take you up on the offer one of these days. Do you shoot on your "compound?"

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Depends on what you want to spend. I have always like the Winchester 1894, but they can be expensive. I have a newer model 94 carbine that I like to walk around with when exploring the desert. I like 30-30. You cant get them new anymore from Winchester, but there are plenty of used ones out there for a couple of hundred bucks. The pre 1964 model 1894 rifles and carbines can be in the thousands based on condition, caliber and fatory options. My humble collection consists of a 1894 rifle (top picture) in 30 WCF (30-30) with a custom stock/wood, take down, octagon barrel. According to the serial #, it was manufactured in 1896.

The second one down is the post '64 model 94 30-30 carbine. My walking gun.

the one below that is a Winchester 1894 Saddle Ring carbine in .25-35 WCF. It was made in 1926 and has a repair made on the stock, but still in good condition.

Marlin also makes a good lever action rifle, if you wanted to go new.

Hundy, I will have to take you up on the offer one of these days. Do you shoot on your "compound?"
Some very nice pieces!

We shoot nearby.

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
I have never really taken pics of my guns before, but it sounds like fun-

Here is one of my favs- 1939 german Luger. My dad (he's 75) just handed it down to me, and it will def go to my son or grandson when I get old.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I want a Winchester 1894 Ranger Compact, model year 2006, as new for an equal trade of one of my brand new Colt 1911's, Series 70, SS, Full Size

·
Registered
397 Posts
Thats a clean looking Luger. Does it have Nazi proofs?

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Thats a clean looking Luger. Does it have Nazi proofs?
Thx. I dont know what that means, but I say no. I got a couple boxes of ammo (I should ck the brand- boxes are plain), a booklet that is in german/english, and thats it. It does say 1939 on it, but I really dont know anything else about it.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts