JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from Gulches ORV Park with Low Range 4x4 and Greenfeet. After blowing a rear axle shaft and a lot of driving to get a replacement, We had an awesome day on Sunday. Here are a few vids, pics will follow:

Low Range 4x4:

TNT Rock Garden
YouTube - LR4x4-TNTRockGarden.MOV

Rebel Blvd - Top
YouTube - LR4x4-RebelBlvd-Top.MOV

Rebel Blvd - Bottom
YouTube - LR4x4-RebelBlvd-Bottom.MOV

Radical Ravine
YouTube - LR4x4-RadicalRavine.MOV

Palmetto Crossing
YouTube - LR4x4-PalmettoCrossing.MOV

Hunters UhOh
YouTube - LR4x4-Hunters-UhOh.MOV

Heartbreaker
YouTube - LR4x4-HeartBreaker.MOV

Me on Radical Ravine
YouTube - Joe-RadicalRavine.MOV

Next time I need to remember to hand someone else my phone to take vid of me :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Sweet vids. That last video,perfect example of why my next investment will be some sliders.....it made a nice noise on the sliders instead of the body.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely a good investment... If you know someone who can weld, go the route I did. I bought the sliders off the forum (Rubi Sliders) for $150 shipped then welded the step on. Total out of pocket was $200.00.

Our second run up Radical Ravine, I dropped it hard on the slider coming up the first ledge.. hard enough that both Chad and Kelly turned around to make sure I didnt snap a shaft. :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Definitely a good investment... If you know someone who can weld, go the route I did. I bought the sliders off the forum (Rubi Sliders) for $150 shipped then welded the step on. Total out of pocket was $200.00.

Our second run up Radical Ravine, I dropped it hard on the slider coming up the first ledge.. hard enough that both Chad and Kelly turned around to make sure I didnt snap a shaft. :)
My dad is closing his lawnmower shop down after 40+ years and he has a nice welding set up that needs a new home. It may be over 30 years itself but those are the best, well tested. I guess I need to clean out a spot in the garage and start practicing,with his supervision of course.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Nice video! That last hill took some work to get up!

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some of us have to work a little but harder for it... no front locker and all. :)

Every time I go wheelin this vehicle surprises me in some way. Trails that I never though I would take, lines I never thought the Jeep could handle. As usual the videos dont alway do justice to the incline through these trails.

the sad part is, it will be probably another 2 -3 month before I get to go again :(

·
Registered
95 Posts
Dang you made Radical Revine look easy in that last video! It is even hard to walk up! Looks like if we would have made it out, we would have done a lot of sitting and watching. Some of those trails are crazy!

-Jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts