JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had the trouble of the rear guards getting broken off in muddy conditions

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep the plastic around the wheel arch that clips on to the body both the right and left side rear wheels fell off while driving down the road

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
So you're talking about the splash guards that are hanging down low...as seen in your avatar. I'd say those are going to take a beating hanging down like that. If they fell off, I'd say leave them off unless you need them by law. I have splash guards for running on the road only. Off road, remove 3 screws from each and they're off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no i mean the one you can see missing now lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the mud flying off the wheels keep breaking the little plastic clips that hold em on

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Oh, I see...that ain't right! :D Could there have been some clips missing from the factory? I've seen fender flares get ripped off, but not by mud. You might want to replace the plastic clips with some screws and fender washers. Or carry some extra plastic clips in your glove box.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
o you mean the fender flares?? Looks like you are missing the driver rear in your avatar...

Umm slow down is my best guess. I have never pulled one off through mud, rocks and 35" tires rubbing at flex due to only 2.5" of lift.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts