JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having all kinds of stalling and no-start issues on a 2008 with 38000 miles that I bought 5 weeks ago today. I don't think that I am getting the whole story from the dealer I bought it from, they are located about 400 miles from where I live. It has been towed in 3 times to other dealers local to me and once I managed to get it in under its own power. It has stalled on me twice while driving once while coasting to a red light and once while going 65 down the highway with my wife and son with me. The Jeep is storing no codes when it does these things and the dealer can replicate the problems but when they try and track them down they suddenly go away. They have had the Jeep in their shop for about half of the time I have owned it.

When I bought the Jeep there was no "X" decal on the passengers side. I mentioned this to the dealer asking if it had been in an accident and the fender had been replaced or repainted. The showed me the CarFax and there was no nothing noted about any accidents. The Jeep does not have a salvage title. In fact the only service noted on the CarFax report was when the dealer I bought it from took it in from an auction and changed the battery, did an oil change and put on new tires.

The dealership that has the Jeep now mentioned to me that in their opinion based on what they see in the engine compartment that the body on my Jeep has been removed at one point. I asked the manager at the Dealership I bought it from and he said they hadn't done anything like that and he had no reason to think that it had ever been apart. Today I put my VIN into Jeep's website and this service report came up (it isn't listed on the CarFax report)

VIN
Service Date 02-21-2011
Odometer Reading 36863
Dealer Removed to protect them for now.
Repair Order Number 436772
Service Type Code 3
Technician Number 120
Technician Name
Service Labor Code 2334
Service Description Sheet metal work
Part
Service Labor Code 9901
Service Description Shop supplies
Part

Is there anyone out there that can tell me what this service could have possibly been? I can't ask the dealership that is currently working on it until Monday and I am really curious.

I have talked to Chrysler and they are just as baffled as the dealer that is working on the Jeep. They have been in contact with the Service Manager and they can't figure out why the Jeep isn't storing any codes. They know there is something wrong but they can't figure out what because it won't stay broken long enough to chase it down.

The dealer I bought it from has offered to buy it back from me at a $2000 loss on my part so they can resell it and still make some money on it. Or they will trade my 2008 X that is loaded and $500 for a 2007 X with 20,000 more miles and no options. Neither deal is acceptable for me.

Chrysler asked me what I wanted them to do, and I simply said I want a Jeep that runs, that I can drive, and that won't stall on the highway putting my family in danger.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts