JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to pick up some grease and a gun to add to my tools. When I looked up the Synergy Grease this comes up and shows "frequently bought together": Amazon: Synergy Grease & Lumax Grease gun bought together

Any thoughts on the grease gun or do you recommend a particular model/type?

Also, which one would you choose...Synergy Grease or Amsoil Synthetic Polymeric Off-Road Grease...or do you recommend another particular brand (specific product)?

I don't have to have the most expensive or the absolute top of the line, but I do like to buy quality. Thanks.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, any preference as to pistol grip or lever style gun?

·
Registered
180 Posts
A pistol grip grease gun can be found cheap at any farm store, home depot type store or harbor freight. I use Lucas Red-n-tacky for most stuff, but have used Mobil synthetic on things like ball joints and u-joints with good success.

·
Super Moderator
6,175 Posts
for balljoints from synergy to be wrrnty covered for a year , they recommend their high heat poly grease ; the stuff makes PAM feel like Velcro ... it is the slickest most durable consistency stuff I've ever felt ... I use it on the Synergy BJs and bushings and then thev Lucas red-n-tacky every place else . I run a greased pig.....

and oh , pistol grip + 90 ° right angle grease fitting + a needle grease fitting for things like double Cardan cv in middle of the driveshaft or lower balljoints is good idea while your splurging on greases.....

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have Synergy tie rod/drag link/track bar. RK control arms with krawler joints. Rare Parts ball joints. RK rear track bar.

RK recommends a marine grease, Synergy recommends their grease, Rare parts recommends amsoil but Robbs2008JK said they told him Lucas was ok, which makes me ask can I just use the Lucas red n tacky #2 on everything and be ok?

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_14319_14319 anyone use this? worth a damn for $29?

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
I've been using Synergy's grease in everything.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I try to find grease that is NGLI rated to GC-LB (see below for explanation) and is an aluminum-complex grease (look at the ingredients). This type of grease has excellent performance when there's a chance of water contamination

Way prefer the pistol grip type. I'm still using a manual-pump... maybe I'll get an air-driven one one day. The list of stuff to grease on my rig and on the F350 is pretty long anymore.

G - Certified for use in automotive wheel bearings
--- A - Good
--- B - Better
--- C - Best
L - Certified for use in automotive chassis
--- A - Good
--- B - Best

·
Registered
253 Posts
+1 for the Synergy grease. Used to use the Lucas Red grease and it would melt/separate just sitting on the garage shelf.

Also bit the bullet on a DeWalt cordless electric grease gun after dealing with a couple of the lower priced manual grease guns. One of those tools that makes you smile every time you use it and the price tag has long been forgotten.

·
Super Moderator
6,175 Posts
I've been using Synergy's grease in everything.
it's the sh*t , for certain. It's so thick a glob will hang for a day on an inverted spoon but I swear I think if you covered the floor with a thin layer you could ice skate across it without problem....it be some kinda grease .....( get what ya pay for )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts