JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My biggest issues with the JK,
1) Needed a V-8 from day one for the 4-doors,
2) Dim Switch for Night driving doesn't adjust the P R N D 2 1 / Odometer so its full brightness in my face the whole time.
3) Sun Visor is worthless on the side, 1) it doesn't even stay parallel to the top, 2) sliding/extending visors were invented 10 years ago and should be on every vehicle by now.....any chance somebody here with a Grand Cherokee can measure the bolt width between the two bolts and comment on the chances it will work better than the $2 crap plastic one they put on the JK's?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well, for the visor issue, you can buy 2010 visors.... they fit a 2009 and will slide sideways. Wife likes em too cause they have mirrors (woo hoo).
Easy fix.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love you man, now I get to spend 400.00 on a new visor from the stealorship. But it will fix a much needed problem.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Love you man, now I get to spend 400.00 on a new visor from the stealorship. But it will fix a much needed problem.
No you dont, find a used one from a wrecked car. Talk to someone thats getting a jk set up for comp use... there are ways around that. My god dont spend that kinda money on a dam visor.

·
Registered
147 Posts
don't know who is charging 400, but I bought a new set last year for somewhere about 120.
Check around.
Just found the receipt (email) and it was 116.50.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was just joking at 400, last time I paid $8 for a special bolt so maybe 120 is about right from them. Finding JK's in the junk yard might take some time but I've managed this far with the half azz visor so I can wait. thx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts