JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s been killing me not to post anything but I didn’t want to jinx her. (My Daughter)
I’ll follow this up in a bit.

For now, let’s just say that my wife and I are so, so proud.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And BTW, you can bet your Ass I’ll be doing some bragging, if that stuff bothers you, I suggest you don’t click on this thread again.

:{)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So our Daughter is a Great Kid.
Actually she’s an incredible woman, she’s smart and beautiful just like my wife. Only thing she got from me is, she can grow a nice mustache:{) just kidding.

I’m here for here Graduation “formal”, my wife is headed this way tomorrow for graduation proper. Our work schedule didn’t allow for us to be here at the same time for the full itinerary of events.

Hannah is graduating from OCS this week.
She signed up with Army National Guard while waiting for her chosen PhD program to start. She entered the guard already having her Masters in Bio Technology, her under grad was in Bio Chemistry.

Kid is a go getter, and didn’t want to waste a year waiting for her PhD program to start.

I’m so proud that I actually have tears in my eyes as I type this.

Based on the stories I’m hearing, they did everything they could to get her to fail or quit. They couldn’t do it, and she “killed it”.
Actually was the only female in her group picked/recommended for Special Forces training.
I’m not positive but I think that means Green Beret.

This kid is amazing, and I can only contribute that to her mother, Lord knows I didn’t play much of a role.

She has been a leader and hard worker since she was very young.
Took college courses in HS.

They said she couldn’t weld, so she took welding in HS, won a “blue medal” @ Houston Live Stock show with her project.

List goes on and on.
I can stop grinning.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Be proud pop, you done good. Buy your self some buttonless shirts so you won’t have to worry about poppin buttons with your chest. I experienced the same with my son when he came back from Desert Storm. A woman though, that’s something special. Good on you.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Made the mistake of sending her to do errands around base in my Jeep.

I may not get it back.

WTF will I do then :{)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The formal was incredible.
Hannah did the “fallen soldier” tribute, that was a great honor for her to be chosen by her peers.

I’ll be heading home today, wife will be here later. I hate that I’ll miss the actual graduation ceremony but I’m so proud, grin will be on my face the whole trip home.

I had opportunity to meet 25-30 of the Candidates in her class, every one of them 100% top notch folks.

·
Registered
247 Posts
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!

Congratulations to Hannah, you, and your wife. What an achiever! My thanks for her choosing to serve. You deserve to be proud, and I will look forward to hearing about her future accomplishments.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Congratulations to Hannah, you, and your wife. What an achiever! My thanks for her choosing to serve. You deserve to be proud, and I will look forward to hearing about her future accomplishments.

Thank you for the kind words.

Although it doesn’t happen often for Commissioned Officers, it sounds like they will be sending her to PA School. (14 months San Antonio)

Plenty of things still up in the air.
I’ll be sure to “post up” as things get ironed out.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As I type this my wife is freaking out.

They have found a “suspicious” package at the building graduation is being held in. Scheduled in 1 hour.

Bomb Squad w/robot is on scene at this very moment.

Problem is, they may cancel the graduation ceremony.
Hence wife “freaking”

·
Registered
690 Posts
Not 100% sure what to say because I don't want to sound like a broken record, but......

Great job Mom and Dad! Your daughter is kicking ass and taking names. Be proud of her and back her, like I know you will, and continue to let her kick ass. Again, great job.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
UPDATE:

Hannah has been accepted into the Army IPAP program, for those unaware that means the Army will be training her to be a PA (physicians assistant).
This is about a 2 year program and it sounds like it will be @ Ft. Sam in San Antonio.

I’m not sure but it sounds like she will be a Captain when she completes the program.

This is actually out of the ordinary and took a strange chain of events because it seems that this program isn’t usually available to Officers.
Evidently, or the way I understand, this program is used as a recruiting tool for highly qualified enlisted personnel.

Some of you may know more about it all than I do.

Any way, again I’m thumping my chest proud as ever. I’ll update when I know more.

Edit:
Forgot to add.
One of the really cool things is, while she’s in this program, not only does the army pay for the school, she’ll be paid as active duty personnel and receive a housing allowance.
The monetary value of this is huge.

Thank you Army

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ft Benning school for boys! I remember that place well. I went to infantry school and jump school there back in 84!

Congrats, Pop!

Hey, tell your shiny new young Butter Bar that her shoulder pocket is unzipped!! She needs to tighten that sh1t up when she's out walkin' about ;)
Probably keeps her smartphone in there and forgot to zip it back up. Kids!

I'm proud of her for steppin' up! Proud of you and the missus for doin' such a great job with her. Congrats again! You should be proud as a peacock.

·
Registered
27 Posts
One more thing.

Just so you know, Special Forces does mean the Green Berets. I dug mine out of a box in the closet so you could see.

It may be the coincidence that led to her going to Ft Sam to become a PA. If she does well there she could come back and try out to become an 18D - Special Forces Medic.

I retired after 22 years of it and have broken every bone in my body - except my skull and I have had 3 TBIs. I've also awoken in more hospitals than I've walked into. All of my fingers have been broken and some have been sewn back on. My nose has been broken three times. I have 32 scars on my legs and two 12" scars running down my left forearm. I've been to 21 countries and all 50 states and spent little time at home.

Just so you and momma know what she would be getting into with Special Forces. These hats come with some really big strings attached.

-Coop

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
draft physical

Congratulations on your daughter's continued successes.

I've no doubt that she'll make a great PA. Stay safe, Hannah!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts