JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having issues with losing GPS sat signal? How amy sat signal do you normally see on your MyGig?

I recently started losing sat for the GPS. sometime i have 0 sat and i can still get nav and other time my nav is all jacked.

I have check all the connections and all are good. anyone having the same issue?

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Gets lost too

Sometimes my GPS gets lost too. It will think I'm 30 miles away driving in a different direction. Most of the time if I pull into a parking lot or something and make 2 or 3 loops around it, the GPS will figure our where it is and I can use it like normal. I keep planning to take off the hard top and check the connections at the antenna. I'm not sure if that will fix it or not, but the issue has been getting slowly worse the last few years.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Mine was horrible today...
Just installed a lockpick so that might be why but it has had problems in the past also.

Today it would go from navigating to the black garmin screen and then get stuck on a "calculating 91% complete" screen. If I shut the Jeep off long enough to reset it then it would work fine...until it does it again later.
I did have it navigating to coordinates where there are very few roads... dirt or paved, so that could be why. The first time it was showing me heading east just south of the only road so I kept turning left gradually(I was in sand dunes with trails going everywhere) I finally went over 90° before I realized it wasn't working!

Luckily I still use a handheld and between the two I figured it out...

All of that just to find this...

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Mine was horrible today...
Just installed a lockpick so that might be why but it has had problems in the past also.

Today it would go from navigating to the black garmin screen and then get stuck on a "calculating 91% complete" screen. If I shut the Jeep off long enough to reset it then it would work fine...until it does it again later.
I did have it navigating to coordinates where there are very few roads... dirt or paved, so that could be why. The first time it was showing me heading east just south of the only road so I kept turning left gradually(I was in sand dunes with trails going everywhere) I finally went over 90° before I realized it wasn't working!

Luckily I still use a handheld and between the two I figured it out...

All of that just to find this...

Geocache?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts