JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just venting a bit here but I have done a ton to my two door but my wife never wants us to take it anywhere because is harder for the kids to get in and out of it.

So I either get to drive it alone, or not as much. Which works out as not as much since where I wheel is at the lake by me and we never get to drive the jeep there anymore.

And while I would be fine with a 4-dr, I would take a big bath on it to trade it in. And the would be starting over again too.

·
Registered
2 door 2010 JK sport
913 Posts
The sole reason why I've only purchased 4 doors. If I wanted a 2 door, I'd be happy with a modified TJ.

·
ADDICTION II build begins....
3,833 Posts
Been there and done that back in 2009 when our third son was born....lucky enough put a 3rd row seat in the 4 door ("Addiction") so it will come in happy when baby #4 is born in March! :beer:

Second JK (first one was totaled 10 days after I bought it by a lady who ran a red light)

Third JK:

·
Registered
110 Posts
You should really lead with, this is the price I'd expect to get on trade, this is the price I expect to recover from things I can't transfer to a 4 door and this is the price to buy new parts to make the new jeep as capable as I've made the old.

Once all the moneys on the table then it's a financial decision. Starting over won't sting much if all the expenses are pre-approved by the wife.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
You won't like the 4 door on the trail. Not that sharp for turning radius, always get hung on cross member due to the long wheelbase. I went to 6" of lift and am now happy off-roading it with the clearance I have. Before this I heard over they radio "the red rubicon is high centred again!" It just works better for me and the rocks around here.

I wanted a 2 door and I was going to get her a new car while I wanted to build an LJ. She said no and wanted me to get the jku. Well now she wishes she had something new and at times hates my jeep and at times loves driving it around town. So now it's getting older she will likely get a new charger. Then she will be happy again.... For a short while any way.... Lol

Either way I would keep your 2 door.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
You lost me at 'wife decides'. But then, I don't play by the same rules as most guys.

Seriously, i you love wheeling keep the 2-dr and find an alternative. I have had and wheeled both, and frankly while wheeling the 4 door is better than not wheeling at all, it sucks compared to wheeling the 2-dr. The guys that started with 4 doors are good to go because they don't know any different. But once you go 2-dr, you never go back....or the expression goes something like that.

·
Registered
997 Posts
You lost me at 'wife decides'. But then, I don't play by the same rules as most guys.
^^This.

The decision to get rid of my 2 Door JK was mine since it just sat. I regret it everyday. Even after our daughter was born, we mostly drove the JK. We dealt with the infant seat, cargo short comings etc...Find a way man.

-Dan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts