JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, remember when I did this:

And won this:

Well, I've had a little fun with Tiki Bob, but my time to pay the piper is coming up soon, so I'm hoping one of y'all can take him off my hands. When I say "a little fun" it was just that...no wheeling except the easiest obstacle courses and parade at Jeep Beach.

If you're not familiar with the Islander edition, it is a Sport Edition Wrangler with Rubicon suspension and wheel/tire package, stickers on the hood, and some cool seats:

Here's the specs on this particular Jeep:
  • 3-piece Hard top
  • Power convenience group: windows, locks & alarm
  • 4-speed Auto transmission
  • Air Conditioning
  • Tinted windows
  • 3.73 Gears
I'd really like to keep it as a collector's item because Jeep only made 5,000 of them (and this is #1 of 4 that they gave away as a promotion), but Uncle Sam is breathing down my neck, and despite what some people have mentioned, I have not been lucky enough to hit the lottery, too. :D It's registered in Florida, and I have the title free and clear.

SOLD

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I've got it on Craigslist, too, but I hope I can sell it to someone on JKO so it stays "in the family".

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Bummer! at least you got to enjoy it.
Scott-WTF_LOL-(who found the CO tiki) never took his off the lot and was able to have the reciving dealer buy it from him. The taxes suck on this type of stuff.

good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
I'd never thought i would ever say/write this about a vehicle for sale.

I'll give you $1000 more than what you paid for it ;)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm interested to know what the tax rate is on winning a car.

Good luck with the sale.
It's counted as income on your federal taxes, so whatever bracket that bump in income takes you to. The only way to know for sure is to do your taxes without the vehicle "income" to figure out your refund/amount owed, then do the same with the "income" and subtract the two. I'm too lazy to do all that. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dammit!

Sad to see that you had to sell the Islander, especially for that reason, and even more bummed that I did not come across this sooner as I'm in the market. Thought I would post just in case anyone selling an Islander happens to see and reply. There is a white Islander with automatic (wife does not and will not drive a manual) nearby but if anyone happens to see a surf blue Islander for sale or happens to be selling one please PM me! Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
2010 Blue Islander for Sale

PM'd you on a surf blue islander, 9K miles, HT, auto, over 2K of add ons. located in Indianapolis. Price 23K.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts