JKOwners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't post on this site much but wanted to share my buying experience from currie. I ordered a front HP d60 and and rear LP d60 full float from them. A little over $12000 worth of axle to be exact. Took them 6 weeks to arrive no biggy threw them under the jeep set the toe in and drove to the alignment shop jeep pulled hard to the passenger side and had death wobble if I hit a bump going over 35mph I figured my toe in was out of wack.

Spent 8 hours at a alignment shop trying to set the castor when I first pulled on the rack driver side was 5.2 passenger side was 1.2 degrees of positive castor. The best I could get it was 7.2 on driver and 4.0 on passenger.

Come to find out my inner axle c on passenger side was welded on the axle tube wrong. It was way off I took a tape measure and measured from the ground to the bottom of the knuckle where the tie rod mounts and driver was 16 3/4" passenger was 15 3/4". I called currie told them my problem and told them I had a ride coming up at the end of the month they said no problem we will build you a complete new axle and ship it to you as soon as mine is shipped back. I'm thinking all is well.

Pulled the axle shipped it back to them on a Monday it arrived there on thursday I called them the following Tuesday because I have not heard anything. Garrett tells me they just got the axle and he is about the get right on it. I asked how long is it going to take to build one he informs me they are fixing mine ( more down time also was lied too) I said how are you going to go about fixing it he tells me they are just going to grind off the welds rotate the c and re weld. No re tube no new housing so I pretty much have a $7000 refurbished axle that's about to be shipped to me.

I would think after to cut and grind off all the weld and rotate the c a re weld this would weaken the axle tube. I asked currie about this they said no it will not make it weaker. Then he (David) tells me if I have any problems send it back.

I DON'T WANT TO SEND THE DAMN THING BACK AGAIN!

Note to self: I will never buy from currie again and it will be junkyard 1 tons from here on out.

And that ride I was supposed to make is this weekend my jeep still has no front end.

FLAME ON!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Grinding off and re-welding will not cause it any issues. If he hadn't told you you wouldn't have ever known.

Pretty weak that they aren't offering you some sort of a discount though.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
That's a big quality control issue.

·
Registered
912 Posts
That sucks to hear Vince after all that work you've been doing on that rig.
I heard a lot of bad things about there 60's and customer service so I stuck with the PR.
Hope they get it right this time!!!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sucks to hear Vince after all that work you've been doing on that rig.
I heard a lot of bad things about there 60's and customer service so I stuck with the PR.
Hope they get it right this time!!!
Dynatrac almost had my business I just had to change my mind. I'm just ready to get the jeep back on the road at this point hopefully it will hold up just find I will find out that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I went currie's on my Jk
Had a handful of issues
To do it again I would've went dynatrac

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would go junkyard if I do it again and save a lot of money and time too considering my situation

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Don't they know and understand that continually having quality issues and customer complaints that it is just hurting their business?

I'm with ya on the refurbished axle thing. It doesn't matter if you would have never known if they hadn't told you. But the fact is they did tell you.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
That is a lot of money for axles. I wouldn't want the customer to think I wasn't making it 100% right after all this trouble. It is true that what they are saying about cutting and welding back on won't hurt the end product but it's not the way to do business. They should have pulled a new axle and made this right all the way. You bought not one but two complete axles from them. Mistakes happen and when they do get it right.:(

Sorry about your loss of time and headaches.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
To many CS and quality complaints against currie recently for me
to consider them a future option.

I guess there is a real reason why dynatrac is so much more

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
All the CS complaints and QC problems lately is the reason I just went with Dynatrac Prorock 60s.
I got front and rear 60's from Currie last year (ordered through Rebel) and I've had no issues with them at all. Sad to hear about everyone's problems.

Dynatrac will lie to you too!
Uh, oh. There's a story behind that one.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I have made myself pretty clear on Currie here. Every manufacturer has their issues, that said, the OP clearly ought to get some dough for the cost of R&R, palletizing, and shipping that axle. Reworking the existing axle is a non-issue IMO though.

I will be sending an email down to Currie about this matter and my intentions to stay engaged, so to speak. Welding a "C" on in this manner with all the jigs, tooling, and expertise of that at Currie Enterprises' disposal shouldn't happen. And, if it does, they had better get out the check book and make it right.

Summarily, if this situation does not find its way to total satisfaction by the OP, the Admin here really ought to think about stepping in and stepping up. OP, keep us posted here, demand fair compensation for your time and expenses. If you do not get reasonable compensation, I will be happy to start the shit-storm myself (and it will get messy and smelly - promise).

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
sounds fucked up. and spending all that $$ man...

sometimes if you want things done right, you got to do them yourself. sad.
It is even more fucked up than it sounds. I spoke to Currie today. I am going to withhold further comment until Black Lady posts up his take.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Currie called me today and spoke with me my axle should be here tomorrow.

Told me that they would do whatever it takes to make me happy. They replaced the inner c just not the tube and guaranteed me the axle is just as sting as a standard rock jock 60.

Cjcraig7 feel free to speak up man

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.