JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Modifying 4x4s is sure getting easier.

(Wouldn't this look cooler on an AEV hood?)

In the old days we had to do walk up hill both ways to modify a Jeep. Today it is simply a few clicks of the computer and it is done. This whole process took 2 mins.

Changed to 35" tires so my speedo is off. In the old days I would have had to change a physical gear inside the transfer case. Today I just plug in the AEV Procal and tell it what tire size I have.

Measured them at 34.0" and set a few dip switches, 2 seconds later the speedo is correct, the ESP should work better, the trans will shift at the right time.

Next I set my fogs to stay on as daytime running lights and lowered my TPMS threshold to 28 psi so that annoying light shuts off.

It will also let you set the correct gears after a gear swap, turn on and off the 1 click lane change feature, center your steering wheel for ESP,clear fault codes, etc etc. Very handy little tool.

More pics.

Just set the dip switches according to the guide for the options you want and plug it into the OBDII port. The horn will honk 2 times to let you know the programming is complete.

.....and if you have big paws like me you will have an excuse to use your knife to set the dip switches. :roll:

·
Registered
401 Posts
That's really cool!

You are going to be the most popular JK owner in town ;)

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
so....

is this something you have to set back to stock if you take your jeep to get serviced?

meaning...if your pcm gets flashed...will this jack it up?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think it would be any issue taking it to the dealer. There is an option to return everything to stock though.

If they flash your PCM at the dealer it would probably erase all the settings anyway.

My understanding is that these are just options in the stock computer and the Procal just lets you access them.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don't think it would be any issue taking it to the dealer. There is an option to return everything to stock though.

If they flash your PCM at the dealer it would probably erase all the settings anyway.

My understanding is that these are just options in the stock computer and the Procal just lets you access them.
If they flash the whole PCM, it will overwrite it. Most of the time however, they use their "StarScan" tool. It basically does the same thing the ProCal does where it changes certain settings. It can also read from the PCM as well. If they aren't changing the same settings as the ProCal, everything should be left just as it was.

I think I read somewhere that if you set the TPMS to 0, it will show up in the dealers StarScan tool as some sort of an error, but I haven't verified that myself.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have driven about 60 miles now and have to say the Jeep drives better. The shift points seem to be much better, the "ave eco", speedo, and odo seem to actually be accurate. (and I seem to be speeding everywhere now). Jeep actually seems to accelerate and hold highway speed better, hard to discribe but better. Of course some of that is perception since the needle on the speedo is moving about 10% faster (accurate).

·
Registered
884 Posts
Has anyone used this in conjuction with a Hypertech Power Programmer? If so what are the benefits? Would really like to use this product....but I already have the Hypertech and do not see the ability to sell it since these are becoming more popular.

·
Registered
425 Posts
CONGRATS!
Each time I plug it in, I'm amazed at how FAST the horn honks telling me it's programmed!

Right now I'm using the Daylight Fog Lights option, TPMS "0" setting, and hope to soon need the speedo change function when i get bigger shoes :D

·
Registered
422 Posts
Good writeup Cole..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts