JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went through some good mud holes sunday. got her nice and dirty. Washed her inside and out. Now I am getting a noise what sounds like its coming from the alternator area.
Any suggestions? washed the engine already.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would say its your idler pulley. Mine went belly up after a couple of good mud runs. swapped in a new one and no more issues.

·
Registered
339 Posts
X3 for idler pulley. This just happened to me. That part is garbage IMO and will screw up if you look at it wrong.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replys. Really cleaned the engine tonight and it sounds better but it is still there.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I try to stay out of the mud. Too much work to clean up afterwards and too hard on parts. Looks like a blast though!

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
my bet is either the idler pulley or the tensioner pulley. ive had to replace the pulley on the tensioner after about every 3 mud runs. its a $4 part at o'reillys.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Wait a minute...you got your alternator dirty and they are replacing it under warranty? Holy shit!!! That makes a total of what, 4-warranty coverage's this year by Chrysler. Bet your service manager gets fired for that fuck up:faint:

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Cleaning the engine voids the warranty too right?

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Yeah, no shit! Hey man, this is how you come out of hiding after the wedding...on a fucking bumper thread. WTF
I suck...talk about fucking Alzheimers. Guess you been out for awhile now. I'm just that far behind. DOH! :suicide:

And fuck these Skittles ads!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Went to the dealership today to get the alternator changed.........the mechanic said your warrantying this? He said yes. But he went through a puddle? He says its a Jeep ...so. Love that service manager.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts