JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably nothing exciting to you guys, but I had fun finally getting my new jeep muddy. Gf was at a bridal shower, so I took her little 4 year old boy (I think of him as my own though) out to Hawk Mountain, out at Fort Indian Town Gap for those of you familiar with the area. I moved his booster seat up front so he could ride with me and he had a blast. We were just blasting through mud puddles, nothing exciting, but he loved it. We saw a bunch of deer on the way up through, some wild rabbits, and even a hawk (go figure;)) Sorry I didn't get any pics though, I didn't think to grab the camera before we left. I'll say one thing though, Jeeps were ment to be muddy! Theres just something about the look of a jeep covered in mud, especially when its painted Jeep Green! The little guy already wants to take the doors off and go through deeper mud next time. I told him you'll get full of mud though, he said thats ok, he'll just were his greasy cloths he wears to help his "Pap" and I out, out in the shop.:) He thinks were gonna need bigger tires to climb on the rocks though;) (I only have the lowly, little 225's). He can't wait to go on our next "Adventure." I gotta tell you guys, this is why I got a jeep again, just for experiences like today. Top down, doors off, wind in your hair, and your favorite little man, or woman sitting next to you. And dirt, lots of dirt:D

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yep we will need to watch this one...check the forum Saturday morning or Friday evening before heading out.....

sent from the mall parking lot while Coating my tires with Armor All...

·
Registered
262 Posts
We're you at Second Mountain Hawk Watch at the gap or did you head to Hawk Mountain up near Pottsvile. I am right up the road from the Gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
882 Posts
Thats awesome and those memories will be with both of you for a long time. Great way to pass time while "babysitting"

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Very cool:beer:

·
ADDICTION II build begins....
3,833 Posts
Very cool!

I haven't been to FITG since I was a little kid and they still housed the Cuban Refugees there. We lived in one of the trailers across from the Refugee camp with the Military Police guard tower right next to the trailer! Use to stand out in the yard throwing the football back and forth across the street with the refugees! :D

·
Registered
540 Posts
Something about offroading in a Jeep that turns all into little boys and girls again. From that write up seems you both were amp'ed up over the "run".

Something the little one will remember for a long time.

Don't take the doors off and go muddin... cleaning the interior sucks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts