JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, last night I was putting a transmission cooler on my heep, and I misread the instructions, what I get for doing something when I was already exhausted, and I pulled some kind of overload cannister or can off the left side of my radiator, left side if I was facing it... Ever since I installed the cooler, the a/c blows hot and ever once in a while sounds like air brakes decompressing...the only thing I did was take this cannister off by mistake...I recharged the a/c last night, and it was great last night, by this morning, nada, again...I am attaching a really crappy picture below...it is a long cyl. looking thing with a silver thing on bottom...again it is right to left of the condenser in front of the radiator if you are facing it on the passenger side of the heep...is taking this off and putting it back on the reason for my a/c failure, or is it a coincidence? I don't normally believe in those...anyway, it stunk and decompressed when I took it off, about the same time I realized my potential mistake...what do you guys think? Compressor still works...:beer:

http://www.jeepforum.com/gallery/data/4/medium/Jeep_radiator_a:c_thingy.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,068 Posts
That canister my friend was an AC condenser. You have introduced air into the system and it will not function. Go have it professionally inspected, placed under vacuum and refilled.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
x2, you need to have a shop or friend if they have the stuff put the system in vaccum and the recharge correctly not by a little can. And you should be good as new.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys...that is what I am going to do...lesson learned...never try anything when you are exhausted and want to blow off steam...:beer::beer:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts