JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wiring up my amp and sub to my stock head unit and i bought the loc (line output converter) and ive got everything else hooked up correctly and my remote wire i tried running to the cig lighter and well im not getting anything its not kicking my amp on so i checked the wire its fine i checked the fuses there good so not really sure what i did wrong here this is my second jeep i had a xj and had he same systen except for the head unit but im wondering why the cig lighter wouldnt kick it on??? Any help would be greatly appriciated thank you

·
Registered
25 Posts
You could try running the switched line (one connected to your cig lighter) to another 12v source. If you rluse unswitched power, install a switch on the line. My JK has two CIG adapters. One switched and one unswitched. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Im wiring up my amp and sub to my stock head unit and i bought the loc (line output converter) and ive got everything else hooked up correctly and my remote wire i tried running to the cig lighter and well im not getting anything its not kicking my amp on so i checked the wire its fine i checked the fuses there good so not really sure what i did wrong here this is my second jeep i had a xj and had he same systen except for the head unit but im wondering why the cig lighter wouldnt kick it on??? Any help would be greatly appriciated thank you
Are you getting +12V on the remote input? Have you tried temporarily running the remote to the positive side of the battery to confirm that's actually the problem?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
the 12v power to the cig outlet should trigger the amp. double check that you actually have 12v to the amp on both the 12vbatt terminal and the 12v ant/remote terminal... check AT the amp first. work back to the sources if you dont have 12v

if you used a wire tap, its completely possible that the tap didnt contact the conductor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts