JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally found one that my jeep can pull and the wife liked, its a 2008 funfiderX 160, 16', shower, toilet, sleeps 4.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Very nice. You will enjoy it. Mine is similar except it has flip out beds. It's probably a little big to pull with a two door though.

Congrats on you new camper.

Here's mine.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I want one! jealous of you guys but sometimes the ol' tent is nice too.
I hear ya. I've always done the primitive type camping. My wife thinks we're crazy for trying to bring as many conveniences as possible (laptop to watch movies, coffee maker, satellite radio, etc.) with us while pitching a tent in the middle of nowhere. She went one time with me...got poison ivy on her ankles and that was it for her. Now all of a sudden, these campers are looking pretty nice.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Shawn, Looks nice!

I hear ya. I've always done the primitive type camping. My wife thinks we're crazy for trying to bring as many conveniences as possible (laptop to watch movies, coffee maker, satellite radio, etc.) with us while pitching a tent in the middle of nowhere. She went one time with me...got poison ivy on her ankles and that was it for her. Now all of a sudden, these campers are looking pretty nice.
I did all my "primitive camping" when I was in the Army. Something about continually freezing your ass off for months in the dead of winter, all while enjoying everything that scenic Hoenfels Germany has to offer (OBTW - Hoenfels has to be the armpit of the universe)... Well, that pretty much killed the joys of camping for me. This looks like a much better way to do it. :smokin:

Can you rent these thing? I'd love to try before I bought.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Shawn, Looks nice!
(OBTW - Hoenfels has to be the armpit of the universe)... .

Hmmm...and I thought Mississippi was the holder of that title;)

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
check m yother thread about pulling over 2000lbs with a 2 door. the trailer dry weight is 2200 but apparently and what i didnt rtealize is that its really over 1000lbs more , i think it pulls fine but i guess it could get scary if i have to make suddend moves

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Very nice- I looked at those when I bought mine. They also make that trailer in a 13'. If I remember correctly, the 16' was about 2900lbs, and the 13' about 2500 dry.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Those little campers come with a galley and pump out head?

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Those little campers come with a galley and pump out head?
Yeah- they have everything! Head has a black water tank that can be emptied. Plus a fresh water tank, and a grey water tank. Kitchen sink, 3 burner stove, micro, fridge, a/c, beds, dinette table, heater, etc.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah they are pretty loaded for a little camper . the new fun finders do come in a 13' and its under 2000 lbs mine weighs 2200

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
yeah they are pretty loaded for a little camper . the new fun finders do come in a 13' and its under 2000 lbs mine weighs 2200
You are right on the weight- I looked up the figure on my 13'er and its 2107lbs.

note to self- do not try to remember things!:bert:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts