JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a lot of reviews while I was looking for a good multi-condition tire and finally decided to try the Goodrich (Michelin) T/A K02. I first put them on my lifted Ram 2500 Mega cab. Those are 35x12.5x20. I then put them on my 2013 JK. Those are 34x10.5x17.

About the only thing I had not tried them in was snow until Yesterday. We got about 6" of snow and I was watching pickups and cars having a heck of a time. Many of the lifted trucks were slipping and sliding all over. The cars were fairing better but still a lot of tire spin. So, I decided to take the Jeep out for a little romp. The tires performed much better than I expected and exactly as I'd hoped. I literally had to try to get them to break loose and stopping quickly wasn't a big deal.

With the way the Jeep performed, I had to take the Ram out and see how it did. I'm happy to say that it performed much the same but not as well as the lighter jeep. Still, I was impressed and only once when I over accelerated did I feel it move around on me. As soon as I backed off, traction came right back.

Granted, they are not gonna get you through a mud bog or deep loose sand but for most of the common conditions that we encounter, I've found them to be excellent performers. I would also not recommend them for high sidewall contact driving since they are only 3 ply and the tread does not extend down onto the sidewalls. I would want a second set of tires and rims just for those conditions.

Overall, if you're looking for a tire that will keep you going in the maximum amount of conditions, I would highly recommend the Goodrich TA/K02 as a good choice.

·
Registered
324 Posts
This will be the second winter with them on my wife's Cherokee and we have been very happy with their performance in snow and even ice.
When the BFG KMs on my Wrangler need replacing I'll probably get a set for it as well...

·
Registered
36 Posts
i got newish BFG 34 x 10.50 KO2 on my JK and love 'em. the combination of 'just enough' power (lol) and those tires just works in snow.

Reactions: sschefer

·
Super Moderator
6,239 Posts

Living East of the Mississippi River as I do, generally speaking the conditions in which we wheel our rigs differs greatly from the same enthusiasts options for wheeling terrain available for our West of the Mississippi River fellow Jeepers.

As such, tire types tend to differ pretty greatly.

What I mention all this for is I built a jku that is really really light weight. I don’t have a lot of motor to work with and drive her to trails most times. As such, my desire for some bias Treps or really stout PBRs was gonna add more weight than my axles or engine could tolerate to my liking so when I went with 37s , I went with the KO2 thinking I’d sacrifice some East coast durability for having such light 37s . I figured I’d most likely not get to wheel everyplace my buddies did if it were wet on the trails.

Boy, has the KO2 proved me wrong.
I recently went wheeling on a notoriously “nasty-when-wet” trail system with a bunch of Jeepers all of whom had Mud Terrains . I , literally, was singled out during driver meeting before riding as the one who possibly would be forced to hit a bypass or two or maybe need a few tugs thruout the day due to my all terrains.

Needless to say, I did not require any yanks , I did not run any line nor did I have to take any bypasses that trip. Aired down to 10-12 psi, the KO2 gripped and dug as well or better than many of the true MTs on the other rigs .

Don’t be fooled by the mild disposition or the title “ all terrain” ; the KO2 is proving to be legendary in its versatility and the compound is magically unchunkable it seems. I have one cut block of tread and that was from some buried piece of metal under some mud I didn’t know about .
Watch the 3rd thru 6th seconds of thie below video ( go to highest resolution to see better on YouTube) you’d think that kind of rock-tire interfacing woulda left a mark or cut some tread or sidewall up. Not even a scuff ...

Amazing tires.

:jeep2:

·
Registered
918 Posts
I run the KO2's in a 37x12.5 R17. The sidewalls are tough. Ran them down at ~8 psi with TrailReady beadlocks during our 24hr Rubicon Trail run from Tahoe to Loon Lake. No problems. Not 1 sign of chunking.

Then aired them back up to 28 psi for the ~3.75 hour drive home. No problem there as well. Smooth highway driving.

Great tire, especially for an AT. I've probably put at least 17k miles on them for the 1+ year I've had them and it seems like the tread hasn't even been touched. The wear markers are still seen clear as day.

Very likely, I will get them again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts