JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay need some opinions:

08 Wrangler X-
35x12.50x17 BFG KM2 ( only 4 tires :bawling: )
17x8.5 american racing (thug) wheels.
Superlift 4" suspension lift
Procomp stabilizer
Banks Monster Cat exhaust

Now With those mods, my question is whats the next step. I want to do mild wheeling nothing to extreme yet. Minimal mudding, alot of trail riding but some rock crawling. I want a good median.

Do I go for more suspension goodies, more engine goodies, or aesthetics?

Any advice/help/trash talking would be appreciated.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want the rugged ridge sliders but they are only for a tj. Anyone think these would fit a JK???? :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
next goodie

teraflex rock sliders,lockers(air or electric or OX),front sway bar disconnects,off-road heros soft top. just give me a call. I'll help you spend all your money

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahaha Thanks, whats your number, I got plenty to spend. I already have the soft top and superlift discos sorry about not putting that on there.

What about headers and intakes and stuff like that. Do most jeepers look past this stuff.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh and what about tie rods and axles and those sorts of goodies. Im worried about snapping an axle since this is my dailey driver.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
IF I was in your shoe's, Sliders, Skids would be up there but not the full Skid kit.

Evap canister relo might be a good one.

locker would be good and maybe work on gearing with 35's.

Check out the AtoZfabrication sliders I hear they are pretty solid and I initially decided to order them.

my list is to get a few skids and start on gettign spare parts like axle components, drivelines etc...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, What do you mean by spare parts for the axles and drivelines. I was thinking of getting a new rear driveshaft to help out with the angle. (Je Reel 1350 or whatever) Then some upper or lower control arms for the suspension ( if i need them) and the biggest thing was axles???? Do i have to get complete assemblies or just supperior axles.

Thanks again for all the responses.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I contacted aussie lockers and they sent me a message regarding my front diffs, they said an aussie would not work up front because i have the next generation axles???????

Does anyone else know different?

·
Registered
774 Posts
If you have a D30, it will work just fine. Ask me how I know. i have one.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I contacted aussie lockers and they sent me a message regarding my front diffs, they said an aussie would not work up front because i have the next generation axles???????

Does anyone else know different?
Read my Sig, been running an Aussie up front over a year now, Wheeled with it, Snow not bad at all, & on road don't even no it's there(slight noise in lock to lock turns).
Aussie Locker - SUV - Jeep - Wrangler TJ, YJ & JK (1987 - 2007)
Aussie Locker XD-13027
OEM Axle: DANA
Axle Type: Model 30
Splines: 27
Cover Style: 10
Notes: NOT For Dana 30A Diffs

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right but i have a 08. Now is everything the same between an 07 unlimited x and an 08 x

·
Registered
749 Posts
Right but i have a 08. Now is everything the same between an 07 unlimited x and an 08 x
I've heard nothing about any Axle/Diff changes for 08,...but you no how that goes, someone else might have an answer.

·
Registered
102 Posts
the control arms help with your pinion angle as well. i'd get those, DS's, re-gear for the 35's, skids. toss a lunchbox in the front, a selectable in the rear, and you've got a great dual purpose rig. wheel the snot out of it, and go from there.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya I guess I will just have to call The dealership to find out. I want to put that aussie up front.

Any dislikes from these aussie lockers?

Also what do you have as your rear locker and how much did you pay.

A

·
0 Posts
I’m just about done with suspension and going with underbody armor next. If I were only planning on some mid wheeling I’d probably do bumpers/fenders beforehand.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Okay need some opinions:

08 Wrangler X-
35x12.50x17 BFG KM2 ( only 4 tires :bawling: )
17x8.5 american racing (thug) wheels.
Superlift 4" suspension lift
Procomp stabilizer
Banks Monster Cat exhaust

Now With those mods, my question is whats the next step. I want to do mild wheeling nothing to extreme yet. Minimal mudding, alot of trail riding but some rock crawling. I want a good median.

Do I go for more suspension goodies, more engine goodies, or aesthetics?

Any advice/help/trash talking would be appreciated.
If I were you I'd go with sliders, and the skid row engine, trans, oil pan skid all in one and the e-vap relo and skid. Then get a winch because if you choose skinny pedal because your stuck or think you might get stuck you can break your u-joints and axle shafts or ring and pinion, or you can say if I get stuck I'll just winch out. Winch out in the long run will be much cheaper. Although you may become the most popular guy, because you have the winch. :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts