JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Saturday was opening day for Deer using a muzzle-loader here in VA. I tagged a nice 5 pointer, my son (he's 15) nailed a spike buck on Monday, and my daughter shot her first deer ever.......a 7 point buck using a 50cal. muzzleloader. She also took 2nd place in the local bow shoot last month. She makes a daddy proud! Funny thing is, to look at her you'd never guess. She was a beauty pagent winner 2 years running, has a college degree, works as a Critical Care Nurse, and looks to be all prim and proper. I think I did good;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Last Saturday was opening day for Deer using a muzzle-loader here in VA. I tagged a nice 5 pointer, my son (he's 15) nailed a spike buck on Monday, and my daughter shot her first deer ever.......a 7 point buck using a 50cal. muzzleloader. She also took 2nd place in the local bow shoot last month. She makes a daddy proud! Funny thing is, to look at her you'd never guess. She was a beauty pagent winner 2 years running, has a college degree, works as a Critical Care Nurse, and looks to be all prim and proper. I think I did good;)
I went here in Fla. and got zip. Oh well, atleast the season is still young...

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
3 more weeks before buck season opens here. Sounds like you had a good day. Save a steak for me...:beer:

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
I was tempted yesterday, but decided to take a picture instead. picture didn't come out that good. season starts here next weekend. woohoo. Shot this 8 point in the back of my property last year :D

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Nice buck Rubicajun! :smokin:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Its cool to hear about your fam hunting together... and even better when you have that kind of success.

I am chomping at the bit for Friday. That is the opening day for my muzzleloader bull Elk hunt in northern AZ. I got a great unit that consistently puts out some monster trophies. My deer hunt isnt until mid Dec, which is a coveted tag for White Tail in AZ too. I'm hoping for a great fall season!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for the delay in the pictures.

Here goes:

My daughter with her first buck. Small rack, but a 7 pointer, taken down with one shot from a 50 caliber muzzle-loader none the less

Here she is with her husband (sorry guys, she's taken) practicing for the bow-shoot she took 2nd place in

Here she is on their hog

And here she is all cleaned up

Here is a picture of my son from last year right after shooting a nice buck right at sunset. He was 14 at the time

and here's that buck

This is from another day last year, a doe, a spike buck, and a turkey. My son hit the turkey at 120 yds with his 243.

I love spending time with my kids, I love the fact that they are self-sufficient, I love the way I am SO PPROUD of them!!!

Oh yeah......and they can drive the hell out of the Jeep. They've both been driving a stick since their legs were long enough to reach the floorboards!

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Nice pics Blue. Forgive the humor, but her rack isn't that small and she looks like a 100 pointer to me. You are as blessed to have such good kids as I was. And you're a good and rare dad. You'll have these good memories for life. Thanks for sharing.:beer:

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Nice pics Blue. Forgive the humor, but her rack isn't that small and she looks like a 100 pointer to me. You are as blessed to have such good kids as I was. And you're a good and rare dad. You'll have these good memories for life. Thanks for sharing.:beer:
well said, all around. :beer:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All is forgiven! When a man has a beautiful wife, how can he get mad when another man looks at her and finds her attractive? Same goes for having a beautiful daughter IMHO. I also have three beautiful step-daughters. Same thing. We had young pups sniffing around the house for years. The girls would taunt all of the boys that came to the house about THE TALK
I always got a kick out of them. Really enjoyed cleaning the guns or skinning out a deer when they showed up.:grinpimp:Ran more than a few of them off without saying a word!

I know.....I'm an evil [email protected], but I have fun!:devil:

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
All is forgiven! When a man has a beautiful wife, how can he get mad when another man looks at her and finds her attractive? Same goes for having a beautiful daughter IMHO. I also have three beautiful step-daughters. Same thing. We had young pups sniffing around the house for years. The girls would taunt all of the boys that came to the house about THE TALK
I always got a kick out of them. Really enjoyed cleaning the guns or skinning out a deer when they showed up.:grinpimp:Ran more than a few of them off without saying a word!

I know.....I'm an evil [email protected], but I have fun!:devil:
Heh, I guess me and my brothers didn't invent that then? Thought her senior prom date was gonna sh!t when he walked in to find me, my two older brothers and my dad all cleaning our hunting rifles.:D

We gave her space to do as she pleased, so long as it was well understood that if she ever came home crying, we would ensure those tears were reciprocated on his part.:pissed::thefinger::D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Heh, I guess me and my brothers didn't invent that then? Thought her senior prom date was gonna sh!t when he walked in to find me, my two older brothers and my dad all cleaning our hunting rifles.:D

We gave her space to do as she pleased, so long as it was well understood that if she ever came home crying, we would ensure those tears were reciprocated on his part.:pissed::thefinger::D
Nice! Just one of the many enjoyable duties of a brother, right?:laughing2:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Got this boy this morning in the northern part of the state. Not a bad 10 for one of the fastest growing counties in the country.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got this boy this morning in the northern part of the state. Not a bad 10 for one of the fastest growing counties in the country.
That's a nice one Zac! Scott and I saw a MONSTER last Saturday evening in the last few minutes of light. Couldn't get a good shot off at him. Guess we know what I'll be stalking, huh?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Those are some nice animals, I got skunked when I went out last weekend.

Devrayfan, where do you hunt at? I'd hate to think we were both in the same area getting nothing.

·
Registered
665 Posts
a couple of samples from my buddies trip to Kansas last week....(of course work got in the way for me!!!)

Kansas_deer_028.jpg

Kansas_deer_021.jpg

Kansas_deer_029.jpg

Kansas_deer_037.jpg

Both deer were field dressed over 275lbs, and all scored in the upper 170's

·
Registered
180 Posts
How about passing some of that luck my way... been in the stand over 20 times this season... still nothing. Granted I live in NC, so I don't expect a monster, but I want meat for the freezer.

Congrats to all those makin' it happen this season. If, I mean, WHEN I kill something this season, it's going on this thread regardless of antler size, if any!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts