JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am new Jeep owner and would like to get into some mild off roading.

I have an ohh 10 Unlimited, with the limited slip backside, stock. I have only tagged along on rides and have not piloted any wheeling trips, I am looking for good trails for beginners with stock rigs. Any suggestions?

Kevin

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I would probably suggest Walker Valley OHV area, East of Arlington if you are looking for some mild to however far you want to take it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Tahuya is another place you can go. I haven't been but others I've talked to said it was "stock" friendly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi All,

Well I am finally moved and settled in and ready to do some trails. I see there is a WV ride on 3/20, but I sure don't want to slow anyone down with my stock rig. Anyone planing any runs where they wouldn't mind a rookie stock jeep driver tagging along?

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
WV has a really good variety of terrain, as well as bypasses for most of the harsh stuff. As long as you have a CB to keep contact, and meet up again, you should come out.

·
Registered
137 Posts
We took a bone stock Rubi through last time there. He ripped off a rear fender (could've been avoided if it weren't for a bad line and rain) and he bent/scraped his chintzy dealer installed step rails. If he had the Rubi rails on there, he might have a scrape still, but no real damage. So no serious damage, just replace some fender clips and shiner her up. If the weather's better, I think you'd be fine.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My virgin run was a WV while still stock. Make peace with your paint before you go because you'll have custom NW pinstriping afterwards.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My virgin run was a WV while still stock. Make peace with your paint before you go because you'll have custom NW pinstriping afterwards.
If you wash your Jeep and put a fresh coat of wax on it before wheeling, it will clean up easier and minimize the trail striping impact. I should practice what I preach, but I don't so I'm spending most of the day buffing out the trail stripes from the last four outings!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
The rule of thumb for wheelin in the NW is > expect pinstriping or you won't have a good time. Don't worry about it. Mine has 3 years of striping and haven't buffed-out any of them yet. Adds character and stops the "do you really take it off road" questions. :thefinger:

·
Registered
137 Posts
The rule of thumb for wheelin in the NW is > expect pinstriping or you won't have a good time. Don't worry about it. Mine has 3 years of striping and haven't buffed-out any of them yet. Adds character and stops the "do you really take it off road" questions. :thefinger:
I'm gonna have to call BS on that one. Both my Sahara and the Green Meanie had way more trail striping than your black catalog appears to have in about half the trail time for each!

I know you have to wash it, you must also have a stash of Griswold's special non-caloric silicon-based kitchen lubricant his company was been working on. It creats a surface 500 times more slippery than any cooking oil, so all that trail brush must glide right off! :grinpimp:

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Maybe just a lack of driving skills, to collect all those scratches in a short time? I'm just sayin :D:thefinger:

My rig has never been more than spray waxed.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My trail stripes are that big to match the size of my cajones.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, the work Murphy reared its ugly head. I am in Northern Alberta. At the moment I will either be here or in Israel on the weekend of the 20th.

Maybe be next time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts