JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 2013 JKUR, soft top, manual with 25,500 original miles on it for $27,000. I’ve logged that it has the following upgrades:

Smittybuilt XRC Rear bumper w/ swing away tire carrier
Smittybuilt XRC Front bumper
Poison Spyder frame mounted Rocker knockers
RC tubular Fender flares
Warn Zeon 10-S Winch w/ wireless remote
Fuel maverick Wheels
Fierce attitude 35x12.5r17 M/T Tires
Teraflex 3” Sport S/t3 Suspension w/ FOX Racing 2.0 shocks all around and teraflex speed bumps in front
Superchips TrailDash2 tuner
Cobra 75WXST CB radio
Oracle halo Headlights

I feel like this is a steal... am I missing something?

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Use the money to buy an '06, 6-speed, TJ Rubicon. Add a snorkel and mount a Hi-Lift jack across the hood. Join a TJ forum.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
In that "upgrade" list, the only thing of value is the winch. The rest maybe .10 on the dollar. KBB + $1000 would be a decent deal, If the tires are good. If the tires are not good then I would be looking at under KBB value. Private party sale value is $23k dealer $25k Trade in $21k Looks like a shit deal. If dealer, off $22k private sale offer $20k. That would be a great deal. The JK is just not holding its value like older jeeps did.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In that "upgrade" list, the only thing of value is the winch. The rest maybe .10 on the dollar. KBB + $1000 would be a decent deal, If the tires are good. If the tires are not good then I would be looking at under KBB value. Private party sale value is $23k dealer $25k Trade in $21k Looks like a shit deal. If dealer, off $22k private sale offer $20k. That would be a great deal. The JK is just not holding its value like older jeeps did.
Curious where you’re getting those numbers from. Even if I put in the stock information with a “good” rating i get a trade in value of 23,800 - 26,600. And giving it a good value isn’t accurate imo. Why would our numbers be so far off?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Curious where you’re getting those numbers from. Even if I put in the stock information with a “good” rating i get a trade in value of 23,800 - 26,600. And giving it a good value isn’t accurate imo. Why would our numbers be so far off?
Area differentials , they vary depending where you are located .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
west coast.
Ahh makes sense. If I put it at very good condition with the winch, I get a trade in of 25 - 27,500 and a private party of 26,500 - 29,600. The tires only have 7500 miles on them. The upgrades were done in the last 3 years as the original owner traded it in stock. The second owner upgraded the Jeep and they only put on 14,000 miles the entire time they had it. I know you’re not a fan of the parts BUT those parts new are roughly $8-9,000. I’m not trying to justify anything. Just painting the picture. I made the purchase. I feel like I made out. 🏻

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Ahh makes sense. If I put it at very good condition with the winch, I get a trade in of 25 - 27,500 and a private party of 26,500 - 29,600. The tires only have 7500 miles on them. The upgrades were done in the last 3 years as the original owner traded it in stock. The second owner upgraded the Jeep and they only put on 14,000 miles the entire time they had it. I know you’re not a fan of the parts BUT those parts new are roughly $8-9,000. I’m not trying to justify anything. Just painting the picture. I made the purchase. I feel like I made out. 🏻
you are the only one who needs to be happy..well if you are married your wife has to be happy to but mostly you. enjoy.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would strongly recommend getting a later model. A high percentage of the early pentastar motors from 2012-2014 were faulty.

Listen for any ticking coming from the motor when you test drive.

·
Registered
322 Posts
They most likely gave the guy 21k for it on a trade at most. Tell them 24k or your walking.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts