JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a bead on a 97 TJ.....body is really nice, interior is also in great shape. Green with khaki interior. Half doors. About 3" of cheap RC lift (don't care about that, I'll address it).

The potentially bad: 4-cyl, 3-speed auto, 185k. Dude came straight out and said it was a slug. Apparently it runs great though and passes emissions fine....just s-l-o-w......

$4500 and even has some room to move. Fair deal?

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Got a bead on a 97 TJ.....body is really nice, interior is also in great shape. Green with khaki interior. Half doors. About 3" of cheap RC lift (don't care about that, I'll address it).

The potentially bad: 4-cyl, 3-speed auto, 185k. Dude came straight out and said it was a slug. Apparently it runs great though and passes emissions fine....just s-l-o-w......

Offer $3500 and he will come back at at $3800-4000

Does it have AC?

Jason

·
Registered
255 Posts
What size tires? Anything bigger than stock with that powertrain would make just achieving/maintaining highway speed a real chore. The price seems ok, I guess it would depend on what you intend to use it for.

Pics?

·
Vendor
2,531 Posts

Damn you are in Parker, so am I. I just picked up a 98 2 weeks ago and paid 7500$ it is great condition has the 6 cylinder. You can do a lot with 3 grand though. If you need parts let me know, i have a great lead on a local guy, he is on this board.

My Heep
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59200

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Damn you are in Parker, so am I. I just picked up a 98 2 weeks ago and paid 7500$ it is great condition has the 6 cylinder. You can do a lot with 3 grand though. If you need parts let me know, i have a great lead on a local guy, he is on this board.

My Heep
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59200
There he goes let the build take off, couldn't just leave it stock lol :grinpimp:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really I'd buy it just to have the chassis for whatever butchery / fab I wanted to do with it. My daily driver is an MS3, and I get annoyed enough by driving my 2-dr JK with a 6-speed. I know it would kill me dead driving it. There's probably no possible way to take it over I-70 into the mountains either. That's why I'm just considering it.

Believe me I'd love to offer $3500 and see if he bites....but the problem is that this is Colorado, where regardless of condition Wranglers magically sell every day for +30-40% more than the rest of the country. :shaking:

·
Vendor
2,531 Posts
Really I'd buy it just to have the chassis for whatever butchery / fab I wanted to do with it. My daily driver is an MS3, and I get annoyed enough by driving my 2-dr JK with a 6-speed. I know it would kill me dead driving it. There's probably no possible way to take it over I-70 into the mountains either. That's why I'm just considering it.

Believe me I'd love to offer $3500 and see if he bites....but the problem is that this is Colorado, where regardless of condition Wranglers magically sell every day for +30-40% more than the rest of the country. :shaking:
When i was looking i thought the exact same thing,i looked all over the country and we seemed to be higher. I lucked out with this one, i was taking kids on a walk and found it in my neighborhood:D

·
Registered
913 Posts
I had a 4cyl 5-speed and it was a slug. With 4.88s and 35's it would barely hold 70mph. If there was a headwind forget about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts