JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The day started out great, then around 2:30, crunch. All part of it though! Scheduled next week for body work.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I thought as soon as it happened!! Oh well. :D

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
yep, thats why I wheel with the doors off, even if its cold. I leaned into a tree at RC once and heard the bang but couldn't find any damage. I figured it must have just been the roll bar or something. A week or two later I go to open the passenger rear door and notice it's more difficult than the others. Once I looked at it an angle I could see thats where I hit the tree. No marks anywhere, but the whole handle assembly was pushed into the door quite a bit. Still works normal but is a little funky looking and harder to open the door than normal. all part of the game!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I've got LOTS of bent panels and body peeling. Don't do the body work, it's only going to happen again.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I've got LOTS of bent panels and body peeling. Don't do the body work, it's only going to happen again.
I did consider that. I'll fix it this time, but next time I will think a little harder about it.

My son, who was with me on the trip (that's him poking his head out of the top), watched me post this thread. When I typed, "that is all part of it", he laughed and said "that is not what you said when you hit that rock"!! I was pretty bummed for awhile. I have taken many hits to the armor, who cares. Just tape it, and paint it. This is my first body damage. Sucks! :bawling: Don't mind scratches, but the door is bent in a little and these scratches are pretty deep. Luckily it did nothing to the hinge.

What pisses me off the most, I have been on this trail many times, and like it. Not so much any more.:pissed:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts