JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure why, but I feel one calling my name (I can get one for 4 bills). I have not shot one yet, but I like my 22 gen 3 so anybody have a chance to put a couple hundred or more rounds thru a 17 yet and still like it?

· Registered
88 Posts
You can't ever go wrong with a glock. Best handgun on the planet!

· Registered
205 Posts
I just sold an OD green 23 that I had for several years. I probably put 5-600 rounds through it. I just never got personally invested in it enough. I still prefer my H&K USP compact and my P12.

· Registered
1,503 Posts
Is the one you're considering new or used? The early gen 4s had quite a few teething problems - the 'BTF' feature (Brass To Face caused by a lousy ejector) and many had failures of various kinds mostly due to the new recoil spring design. As far as I know Glock finally admitted a problem - a miracle for them - and has been replacing the recoil springs for anyone having problems. They seem to be ironed out now.

From a construction standpoint the gen 4s also have several MIM parts, as opposed to the machined/stamped bits of the earlier generations. I'm fine with MIM stuff but some people lose their mind over it and think it's lower quality.

· Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now the long wait. I ended up ordering a 34 gen 4. Dealer said Glock is not even giving delivery eta's at this point. Kind of sucks but $568 with 3 mags and night sights so I can be patient.

· Registered
559 Posts
If you want a 9mm I'd go with a G19 ... G17 is nice for target shooting with the longer barrel... but G19 is little shorter so makes it a more all-around pistol ... target, carry, etc ..

· Registered
1,605 Posts
Just when the whole gun control thing went to shit I went and bought two 17's and 4 33rd mags.... i have several glocks but not the 9mm

I've put a few rounds through it and I like it, i like the stubbles on the grips.

I got lucky and got consecutive serial no's for the pair!! :bounce:

· Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you want a 9mm I'd go with a G19 ... G17 is nice for target shooting with the longer barrel... but G19 is little shorter so makes it a more all-around pistol ... target, carry, etc ..
I ended up ordering the the G34 gen 4. $568 with 3 mags and night sights I could not help myself lol. Now just hoping Glock can fill the order quicker then 3 months lol.

· Registered
30 Posts
I have a gen3 22 and a brand new gen4 17. Everyone raves about the gen4, but I still like the gen3 better. The ergonomics of the gen4 is better, but the gen3 feels more solid to me. Just my 2 cents.

· Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a gen3 22 and a brand new gen4 17. Everyone raves about the gen4, but I still like the gen3 better. The ergonomics of the gen4 is better, but the gen3 feels more solid to me. Just my 2 cents.

I have the gen 3 22 as well I know I sure like how the grips feel better on the gen 4 but have not put any rounds down range with one yet. I have long fingers so like the fact that I can adjust the grip.

· Registered
30 Posts
I have the gen 3 22 as well I know I sure like how the grips feel better on the gen 4 but have not put any rounds down range with one yet. I have long fingers so like the fact that I can adjust the grip.
Maybe I need to shoot the gen4 more to appreciate it.:)

· Registered
11 Posts
Since I am left handed, I have both a Gen 4 17 and 19 and both are excellent. I have put 800 rounds through the 19 and is my preferred CnC weapon. I have never had a malfunction with either. I was going to go to a Glock Store stainless steel or tungsten guide rod to weight up the nose, but have heard of jamming and general malfunctions happening with these retrofits. Has anyone tried these?

Larry

· Registered
1,926 Posts
^ So was that post simply to show off your cars, or am I crazy?
As far as the Glock question, the Gen 4 seems to be getting sorted out (so I hear), but hold one prior to buying- I, for one, have tried gen. 2, 3, and 4 in my quest for the "right" gun for me, and find each successive generation gets further in feel from what I like. Gen 3-4 have the rail, though, which is a winner- Mark W.

· Registered
1,926 Posts
Roadman, my question was more of the "why are you posting pictures of your vehicles in a gun-based thread?" variety. Didn't strike me as the appropriate place for such a thing, unless they're made from melted-down Glocks, or are filled with Glocks, or somesuch... yeah... Mark W.

· Registered
11 Posts
Roadman, my question was more of the "why are you posting pictures of your vehicles in a gun-based thread?" variety. Didn't strike me as the appropriate place for such a thing, unless they're made from melted-down Glocks, or are filled with Glocks, or somesuch... yeah... Mark W.
Why is there a gun thread in a Jeep Forum? It was easier to supply a photo of what I drive than to supply a description of what I drive that pops in with every comment. I apologize for it. Let it go. The Glock is a dependable weapon regardless of what generation you're firing. Personally I don't care for external hammers on pistols, but thats a individual choice.

· Registered
148 Posts
Well being a Certified Glock Armor, I'm not sold on the Gen 4 guns. As part of the course we had to learn about the Gen 4 and because of the changeable back strap the internal parts had to be redesigned which changed several things the biggest it the trigger pull went from about 5.5 lbs to 6.5-7 lbs. I personally don't see the need to change the grip size on any Glock other than my G20. I think its more of a gimmick to try to match what other makers out there are offering. I think its the only mistake that Glock has made in any of the changes that it has done.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.