JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I qualify for the Glock BLP, several of you might as well. So here is my question.

I have never liked Glocks per say. I know they are great guns and exceptionally reliable, it has been more aesthetics that has turned me away, along with fit. With the Gen 3/4 multiple backstraps fit is becoming less of an issue.

So I can get a Glock 21C .45 new for $550 +/-, should I ignore my my absolute hate of the design and try to learn and love this thing or should I spend my money on something else that I will love?

· Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kimber Ultra Carry is a dream, but for the price I could get 3 other good guns!

· Registered
40 Posts
Can't really go wrong with either. I carry my kimber 1911 with no issues in the cooler months and my baby glock 33 (.357 Sig) when it's time for short pants. Both are extremely reliable and powerful weapons. I use comp tac IWB holsters for both.

· Premium Member
3,424 Posts
You know that you hate Glocks. Especially since you're a Sig guy. Get what you love. Sticker shock always fades. If you like Sigs and Kimbers, I think a Glock is going to disappoint.

Does that $550.00 include tax and dros? Looks like you might be saving $100.00 or so. Worth it?

I'm not knocking Glock. I believe it's reliable. I have one, Gen 3, 20sf -10mm ,but not in love with it. It's a little big for me but I've learned to shoot accurate enough with it. I lightened the trigger pull for accuracy too. I feel comfortable with it.

· Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You know that you hate Glocks. Especially since you're a Sig guy. Get what you love. Sticker shock always fades. If you like Sigs and Kimbers, I think a Glock is going to disappoint.

Does that $550.00 include tax and dros? Looks like you might be saving $100.00 or so. Worth it?

I'm not knocking Glock. I believe it's reliable. I have one, Gen 3, 20sf -10mm ,but not in love with it. It's a little big for me but I've learned to shoot accurate enough with it. I lightened the trigger pull for accuracy too. I feel comfortable with it.
Your right, I am a Sig lover through and through, but Glocks arent bad guns either. And in this case for what I want to order the savings would be closer to $400 even after DROS and Tax.

· Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I ended up with a Glock 21C with Night Sights. $660 out the door (that includes CA tax!!)

21C $549
Trijicon Night Sights $60
tax and DROS

Took about 5 min total, not bad for a Cali Gun purchase!

· Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well lets go shoot that thing. Gen 4 with the different back straps?
No, Gen 3. Compensated models aren't in Gen 4 yet.

Still have to wait the 10 days to pick it up, how about we break it in around New Years? 200-300 rounds ought a do it!

Sent from my chocolate starfish at the speed of smell

· Registered
2,911 Posts
love me some glock blue labels. extra mag and ~$100 less is always a win in my book. I dont buy too many new guns but 2 out of 3 of my glock have been blue label purchases.

It all comes down to if you will be happy with it and if you can accurately shoot with it.

· Registered
6,372 Posts
I used to hate glocks.
Well hate isn't the right word.
I didn't dislike them, just didn't like them either.
Bought a 32c a few years ago and just never liked it.
Always grabbed a Kimber, sig or h&k out if the safe to carry or even just to shoot for fun.
Sold the 32c with probably less than 150 rounds down the pipe.
Then a few months ago, I had a nicely modded 23 fall into my lap on a trade.
I did a bit more work on it and now I carry it almost every day in a comp-tac iwb holster.

· Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Out of curiosity, what is the savings like? I'm in Iraq right now, but plan on buying one when I get back home. Trying to see if the savings is justifiable...
Anywhere from $100-400 depending on what you get.

Sent from my chocolate starfish at the speed of smell

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.