JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a GREAT run yesterday!!!

SDMF, socalrubi, WOODS, Hundy, BILLY and all our crew headed out at 9am and didnt get bck to base camp till 9:30pm! Then SDMF and socalrubi drove home! So it was a good long day of wheelin'. I think we covered about 130 miles.

Headed to the butte in JV, to Buffalo springs (where we played with a Rattlesnake!), to the bomb holes at Means drylake, to the sand dunes and cyns of the Sledgehammer area. We did the first section of the "Jackhammer" trail. GNARLY!!! there is a waterfall there that is insane! My camera was being a ***** all day so I dont have many good shots- hopefully the guys will post up some pics. From JH we hit the big sand dunes which were a BLAST!!!. Then headed towards Giant Rock. On the way we played on a very tall hairy dune where the SC Rubi kicked ass!!!:thefinger: Then over to Giant Rock for some lunch. Then to the Integretron (weird alien building), then up to Pioneere Town for some cool sodas.:bounce:

Shot over to the top of Rattlesnake cyn and down towards the desert with a side trip into the top secret "Hundy" cyn and the imfamous waterfall there. I was totally impressed with everyones Rubicons and the drivers cajones!!! Every one made it. AWESOME! My TJ friends cannot make it.

What a Fantastic day! We had a good crew yesterday:bounce: Thanks to everyone who showed up! It was great meeting Socalrubi (Richard and Melissa).

I didnt get alot of great pics, but hopefully the others will post some.

:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

·
Registered
854 Posts
Sounds like a really awesome time! Very cool :)

·
Registered
6,381 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Woods got some great snake pics on his camera (michelle stole his camera when he wasnt looking! sshhh, dont tell him!)

AND THAT CRAZY MF'r BILLY PICKED IT UP!!!:shaking:

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Woods got some great snake pics on his camera (michelle stole his camera when he wasnt looking! sshhh, dont tell him!)
AND THAT CRAZY MF'r BILLY PICKED IT UP!!!:shaking:
Cool, post up some of those pics, couldn't quite tell the species from the one shot :bounce:

hmm, I'm working today so lets see, by lunch I've only handled 8 rattlesnakes, 2 cobras (one 14' King & 1 red spitter) and 1 green mamba. Pretty light day so far :D

·
Registered
947 Posts
Some Pix

Thank you Hundy and Michelle for inviting us! We had SO much fun and only got a little damage out of the run...hehehe:bawling:
Here's some pics:
~Richard & Melissa~
So_Calif_Rubi

Starting out!!!!

Airing Down........

A Friend Came to See Us :O)

Driving Through Bomb Craters on the Dry Lake Bed

Playing on the Dune

To Be Continued......

·
Registered
947 Posts
More Pix

Jack Hammer Time.......

Jack Hammer Hurt......

Big Rock for Lunch

·
Registered
947 Posts
Yet More Pix

Then it's off again.........

Weird Alien Place

Oh, forgot the berm......

And having Woods pull us off.......

After some cool sodas at Pioneer Town, we headed to Rattle Snake Cyn and some more rocks........

Well if Woods could do it, so could we...we followed.....

To Be Continued.........

·
Registered
947 Posts
Even MORE Pix

Then Woods got stuck between a ROCK and a hard place......

So out came the Hi Lift.....

And finally he was FREE......

To Be Continued....

·
Registered
947 Posts
Pix Anyone?

The sun was setting but we had just enough time to to go Hundy's secret water fall place of torture....

Of which I didn't get many pictures because I was taking video that I hope to put on You Tube and put a link here....But We all made it except Billy in his little Toyota, but it wasn't for a valiant effort, even with trying to make a ramp....

But he triumphed in the end....he just went around and went up a BIGGER hill.....

We Wheeled until the cows came home.....

And the Dogs were tired...

But we had such a GREAT time! Richard and I really enjoyed our day with our new friends. :)

~Richard & Melissa~
So_Calif_Rubi ;)

·
Registered
947 Posts
Did anyone lose this?

Oh yeah, We didn't get home until after 11pm last night, so this morning I woke up and found this on my JEEP!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone lose this big dent and rip and want it back???

Or maybe this one??

:)

~Richard & Melissa~
So_Calif_Rubi

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
beautiful little female speckled rattlesnake (Crotalus mitchelli)!

that first exhaust tip/rear bumper mod looks exactly like my first mod at Katemcy rocks :D
and then the pic with the bumper corner folded looks like my 2nd k-rocks mod, the rock rash on the rim looks familiar too:laughing:

that looks like an incredible set of trails
so whats the deal with the space station thing? Observatory?
someday I'll have to make the trek out from Texas and play out there!

·
Openly Hostile
6,982 Posts
Heres a few pics. I was having too much fun at the dunes and didn't take any pics. I know Woods shot some video, hopefully he puts it up on youtube.

Jack Hammer

1 - 20 of 94 Posts