JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I took the Rubicon and one of the bikes to Rush Offroad for labor day weekend. It was a gr... Ahh... Who cares?

PICS!

There was a BUNCH of people there:

We camped in the farthest corner we could get our trailer/bed (some people's Jeep is a trailer queen... Ours just TOWS a trailer :grin2:):

View from the campsite was nice. Being next to the trail we had a LOT of traffic until 3 in the morning or so but we weren't there to sleep anyway and it was kind cool to see the HUGE variety of rigs from Tim-Camron-eque buggies to 6 year olds on pit bikes we saw a little bit of EVERYTHING. Also cool to see who came back at the end of a tow line and who didn't >:):

Finally some JEEP action! Wife was in the Jeep pretty much the whole time.. Her bike cylinder is out getting replated and my bike is a little tall for her. Just as well... I swear she's better at picking a line than I am. I've spending too much time on the bike... Got rusty with full sized vehicles:

The longest/most scenic trail in the park is called "powerline" (although there are not actual powerlines over this portion obviously). Its basically one long series of climbs and descents... Many 1000ft+. They range from mild to wild with most having multiple lines of varying difficulty as well as bypasses. In some cases even the easiest bypass requires lockers and a bit of skinny pedal. Some of the hard lines are rockbouncer only... And even then its a MAYBE.

Victory! Well... Still a few miles to go but we're at the top of this one anyway:

"Ford" made his feelings about the dirt bike known at every opportunity:

Hmm... That one is a NO from me:

Lots of SxSs driving around... Which is only unusual because normally you only see them parked drinking beer at various spots. So much so that the wife and I joked that a SxS trip consists of arrive, unload, quickly teleport to a random spot in the woods, drink beer. Not so this time:

This rock is about to be no match for my Tractor Supply ball hitch:

This is the life!

Heading toward the far end of the trail and the really wild climbs:

More to follow...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Jeep getting some sliddy "throttle out" action:

Getting closer to the far end of powerline... Best area of the park:

Getting ready to start to 2nd or 3rd to last ascent:

Up we go:

Gnarly:

At last! Trail ends here, in the left of the photo you see the road to this point... What a view:

Victory!

That's it for now... Hope you enjoyed seeing the pics 1/10th as much as we enjoyed getting them... See you on the trail!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts