JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how many North Georgia/Southeast TN JK owners we have here. The reason, is because I would like to maybe get together sometime with you fine folks and do a meet and greet. I don't know how many there would be, but I keep seeing these Florida guys doing it, and I want in on the action!!! :grinpimp: Anyways, if there is any interest at all in doing this, post up. I'm not saying I want to put it together, but I would give my input.

Just a thought,
Josh

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Hey Josh,

We have a decent collection of Georgia folks and I've seen a few Tennessee people.

Meet and greets are OK, but I'd rather do a meet and wheel. If we all lived within an hour or so of each other it would be OK, but we're so spread out that you wouldn't get that big of a turnout. (Just my opinion)

I guess I'm not real big on vehicle specific events. I prefer to include all off road enthusiasts regardless of what they drive. It also makes for more fun on the trails. You get to see how your vehicle stacks up against others and show off a little. The JK almost always prevails unless it's up against a massively modified XJ or TJ, but it creates some good ribbing.

With that being said, I think it would be fun if we could get a group of people from here and have guys bring some of their local club members and get some drink on. :beer:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Meet/greet/wheel/camp/drink/eat-red-meat.
Just say when; we're out there all the time. I'm so wind-burnt & sun-burnt, I look like rawhide... :D

And I agree; any outdoor enthusiast is welcome. FJ's, Landy's, Taco's, ....maybe even BMW's...., but they have to bring the beer and bacon.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm perfectly fine with whoever wants to come. I'd like to just meet some people around here that are wheeling enthusiasts. My wife is a little afraid to take the JK wheeling right now, just because it's bone stock and new. It would depend on where we went to, but I would be all over it!! :bounce: Like I said before, I don't particularly want to be the one that sets it up, but would like to see someone put something together.

Meet/Wheel/Greet/Camp.... whatever, I want it to happen. :)

Josh

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I am always down for it! But I agree, if we are meeting, we need to wheel and like a cookout when we stop.

Seems most of the GA folks are either even with or north of Atlanta. Problem is there just isnt a whole lot in N. GA. We have Rockly Flats and Tatum lead ORV trails near the Chatsworth area which are pretty easy going but still fun, just short (and then could head up the Lake Conasauga for a nice cook out). Then we have the trails behind Amicola Falls park which are easy and fun, short as well and they are up 575 a ways. Then you have Beasley Knob ORV park with several trails and difficulties from stock to roll over alley and its outside of Blairsville and only cost $5 to ride all day.

·
Registered
158 Posts
i would eventually like to get in on this. right now money is tight and we've got a colorado trip coming up the last week of this month. i've been having a hard time finding places to ride that don't cost an arm and a leg and have a hard time finding people around here that actually use their 4wd. there are a lot of crawler buggies here but i wouldn't even try to hang them. around here it seems like it's all or nothing. i still haven't been to tellico for fear of body damage. i've noticed that northern georgia has quite a few places to camp and wheel. georgia is definiely on my "to do" list next year. i can't wait. :beer:

·
Registered
2 Posts
S. GA here .. I am up for meeting other JK folk and even other offroad and outdoor enthusiast.

I had a 4x4 club back in washington state. I started it like a year ago, handed it over back in May when I had to step down to prepare for this move to Georgia. It has over 70 people now from all over Washington State.

From my experience, it always make it that much better, with camping or even just a cook out in the end or camping and :beer: and foood - good food!

So .. I am up for it. Just say when I will be there .. or at least try my best. Kingsland Georgia here .... I would plan it, but I don't know this area in the least bit! :shaking:

and BTW, so no one is confused on ehre like everywhere else, I am a chick! :D

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
What mods do you have? I took a 2 door X up to Tellico with 2.5" lift and 35's, no protection and had a blast with no damage at all. I am sure some of us will be headed to Tellico in either Nov or Dec to wheel before it is closed for the winter. Cant decide if I will wheel the stock Rubi one last time as stock or just ride with someone else.

·
Registered
158 Posts
What mods do you have? I took a 2 door X up to Tellico with 2.5" lift and 35's, no protection and had a blast with no damage at all. I am sure some of us will be headed to Tellico in either Nov or Dec to wheel before it is closed for the winter. Cant decide if I will wheel the stock Rubi one last time as stock or just ride with someone else.
Black Diamond 3" lift w/lower swivel control arms, 305/70/16 Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Warn 9.5 winch, Hi-Lift jack, snatch block and other recovery gear, factory foot steps(i wouldn't call em' sliders) in fact i don't see them surviving colorado; excuse for better sliders. i don't mind a dent or two, i just don't want her coming out looking like a can opener got a hold of her.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Man you would be fine at Tellico with all that. Slow and steady, listen to the spotter when one is needed and you would have no issues. I am sure Rotorhead, I, and a few others from our local club will be going sometime in the last 2 months.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
S. GA here .. I am up for meeting other JK folk and even other offroad and outdoor enthusiast.

I had a 4x4 club back in washington state. I started it like a year ago, handed it over back in May when I had to step down to prepare for this move to Georgia. It has over 70 people now from all over Washington State.

From my experience, it always make it that much better, with camping or even just a cook out in the end or camping and :beer: and foood - good food!

So .. I am up for it. Just say when I will be there .. or at least try my best. Kingsland Georgia here .... I would plan it, but I don't know this area in the least bit! :shaking:

and BTW, so no one is confused on ehre like everywhere else, I am a chick! :D
Welcome to the forum RubiconJack. I'm not sure why anybody would confuse you for a guy with a name like that. ;) If you're from South GA, the closest decent place for you to go is River Rock in Milledgeville.

As far as the meeting camping and light wheeling, I'm all for that. I'm not affraid to do the easy stuff. In fact that's what I always set out to do, but it never seems to work out for me. :beer:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Man you would be fine at Tellico with all that. Slow and steady, listen to the spotter when one is needed and you would have no issues. I am sure Rotorhead, I, and a few others from our local club will be going sometime in the last 2 months.
if it's on a sunday i should be able to make it. if it's on a saturday i might can shuffle my days off. i want to go really bad. i feel better about going now knowing it's still enjoyable without tearing sheet up.

·
Registered
158 Posts
well, if ya'll are camping over the weekend then i should be able to make it over saturday night and be able wheel sunday. if you don't mind me tagging along i would love to go. i don't know the trails that are forbidden to rigs that don't like to be trashed. don't get me wrong, i'll put her in bind but i try leave the same way i came in.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
well, if ya'll are camping over the weekend then i should be able to make it over saturday night and be able wheel sunday. if you don't mind me tagging along i would love to go. i don't know the trails that are forbidden to rigs that don't like to be trashed. don't get me wrong, i'll put her in bind but i try leave the same way i came in.
No problem. Most of the trails there can be done in your set up. This doesn't mean they are easy but they are fun.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Well then, let's etch a Tellico Weekend date in stone. 18th or 25th?
Give everybody lots of time.

BTW, I talk alot but BigJerm can wheel circles around me... :laughing:
...just keeping the record clean. I'm a total converted motorcyclist and am learning as I go.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.