JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up, Bell mountain is closed to all vehicle traffic. Foot traffic only to the top of the mountain. I know this probably belongs in land use section but I figured it would be seen more here. Mods feel free to move it, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Man I'm really sorry to hear that, riding to the top was the highlight of my families trip to GA last October. We were looking forward to doing that trail again it was a fun little ride and the view from the top is amazing!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Any further update?

Headed up to Young Harris next week & had planned on heading up, at least as far as I could make it. I have seen in videos the top stretch is badly rutted, in Florida we only have mud.

Any other trail in the Blairsville, Hiawassee area?

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bell Mountain is Open all the way to the top
Pretty sure I could have made to the top using the bypass but I was alone so we hiked it up past the rutted section

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Beasely Knob was pretty slick in some spots due to some light rain for a few days in a row.

Hooked up with 3 great guys from Gwinnett County

Sacrificed the front bumper but found a good deal at The Jeep Hut in Jasper on a front bumper & they threw in the back bumper for $50....score

New bumpers already mounted before we even head back home

Attachments

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I don't know the details but from what I have gathered is that bell mountain was closed due to an accident. NOT a vehicle accident but rather a couple punk kids kinda accident. From what I hear the local teens use bell mountain as a hangout sometimes and they were being stupid and throwing rocks off the mountain, well one was thrown and struck another kid in the head. I don't think it killed him(never heard yay or nay on that though) but that was the reason for the closing. As I get more info I will pass it along. Oh and the thread title is supposed to read "jeepers" not keepers, damn auto correct!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bell Mountain was fully open on May 9th

The guys I ran with at Beasley Knob from Lawrenceville had heard about a rock throwing incident but knew no details

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
NICE NEWS and thanks!
I thought it'd been closed. I live in nashville but am in BlueRidge 5-6 times per year to see my Dad & Mom ; love Beasley but Dad won't take our 94 YJ up it ( makes him have Vietnam flashbacks,or so he says ,heh) but he will try a little less pucker-scaled Bell Mnt....see yall in a few weeks!
:)

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
Beasely Knob was pretty slick in some spots due to some light rain for a few days in a row.

Hooked up with 3 great guys from Gwinnett County

Sacrificed the front bumper but found a good deal at The Jeep Hut in Jasper on a front bumper & they threw in the back bumper for $50....score

New bumpers already mounted before we even head back home
Beasley is fun but after a rain you wouldnt get me climbing 37-39 degree pitch trails that consist primarily of 80% red clay until that stuff is bone dry! but, catch that place dry and it is a much better wheeling location than it gets credit for....steep as [email protected] on Nicholson Gap side [satterfield] but I am gonna try the old forest service road entry TH this next time and make my way round to exit at Satterfield trailhead....never been over top Eastern trailhead side....

here is me and a buddy last summer on beasley - action is best at 1:45 into it....his 'Bluetick hound is baying at him the whole time, lol. I was in my 4door awaiting his climb of this on the "G" trail I think....he was havin some trouble because his 2 door wheelbase was struggling with a boulder in the path....he eventually made it ...srry video is shakey.....i was tryin to help him and film.....he nearly flips it over backwards but you cant tell just how scarily close he comes.....love Beasley Knob!
https://youtu.be/5Sn4O4A9kQQ

·
Registered
22 Posts
Beasley is fun but after a rain you wouldnt get me climbing 37-39 degree pitch trails that consist primarily of 80% red clay until that stuff is bone dry! but, catch that place dry and it is a much better wheeling location than it gets credit for....steep as [email protected] on Nicholson Gap side [satterfield] but I am gonna try the old forest service road entry TH this next time and make my way round to exit at Satterfield trailhead....never been over top Eastern trailhead side....

here is me and a buddy last summer on beasley - action is best at 1:45 into it....his 'Bluetick hound is baying at him the whole time, lol. I was in my 4door awaiting his climb of this on the "G" trail I think....he was havin some trouble because his 2 door wheelbase was struggling with a boulder in the path....he eventually made it ...srry video is shakey.....i was tryin to help him and film.....he nearly flips it over backwards but you cant tell just how scarily close he comes.....love Beasley Knob!
https://youtu.be/5Sn4O4A9kQQ
Yeah with the stock Rubicon tires we had a few pucker moments, slid off into a couple of the drainage crossovers which is what bent the front bumper. One down hill section was just like being on a toboggan...just along for the ride.

We will be ready next year though

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts

Dunno if any other JKO members from the SE are going out but. If any Georgia wheelers are in BlueRidge , Blairesville area up in Union Co and wanna hit Beasley Knob today, im heading over today .....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts