JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Made in the U.S.A.
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have dozens of products in the pipeline. Some should be released shortly and some are just ideas. Help us prioritize them.

Tell us what you're looking for that's not out there or you'd like to see done differently/better.

Let the ideas fly!! Hopefully, we'll already be working on some of the ideas and we can move them up the list.

Thanks!!

And here are some of our newest products: http://www.genright.com/New-Products.aspx

·
Registered
288 Posts
how about a half door with soft windows solution that doesn't suck or cost a fortune.

many people live hours away from places to wheel. getting there doorless is painful. having to wheel with the doors on is painful. bestop sells soft doors and windows but the quality is so so and its still very loud in the cab. real half doors with soft windows costs a small fortune.

why can't someone make a moderately priced half door solution that doesn't suck and takes a soft window.

i want to be able to button up, drive somewhere, then drop the top and take the doors off (or soft windows if they are half doors) to wheel. then put everything back and go home. i have resorted to strapping down the driver side door in the back of my JKUR with the top down while wheeling.

·
Made in the U.S.A.
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how about a half door with soft windows solution that doesn't suck or cost a fortune.

many people live hours away from places to wheel. getting there doorless is painful. having to wheel with the doors on is painful. bestop sells soft doors and windows but the quality is so so and its still very loud in the cab. real half doors with soft windows costs a small fortune.

why can't someone make a moderately priced half door solution that doesn't suck and takes a soft window.

i want to be able to button up, drive somewhere, then drop the top and take the doors off to wheel. then put everything back and go home. i have resorted to strapping down the driver side door in the back of my JKUR with the top down while wheeling.
I know what you mean. I carry a cable lock and lock my doors to a tree or something.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I always ask all the vendors for the same thing:
I want a dual battery set up that I can switch from series to parallel to easily power a welder.
currently everyone has to remove batteries or rewire them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm looking for OEM-esk high-clearance wide fenders. The kind that don't look ridiculous with full length bumpers (as most do)...

·
Registered
290 Posts
A rear floor kit for the 4dr. I don't need my rear seat anymore and would like a solid floor with a locking storage area. Kilby has had one back order for years, I'm tired of waiting....

·
Registered
121 Posts
I know what you mean. I carry a cable lock and lock my doors to a tree or something.
ur a brave man. it would take less then a minute for a thief to get them

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
I'd also like affordable half doors. But they have to be compatible with uppers (driving 6+ hours to a trail doors off isn't practical). Pick a good soft upper and make lowers that use them. It would be nice if they were light weight. Y'all are good with aluminum so that's an option (but probably sacrifices the lost cost thing). Strike force zebra seemed to be on to something with their "plastic" ones but didn't seem to deliver on the final product.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Also, if you can find a standard round LED taillight that doesn't trigger the "bulb out" message on my '12 without installing resistors, I would buy a couple.

·
Registered
49 Posts
On the topic of half-doors, I'd buy a set of 4 glass "slider" style drop-in uppers for the factory half doors right now if someone brought them to market.

·
Registered
288 Posts
well at least i am not crazy, need is there. thing is, bestop soft doors are about 70% of the way there. they should just update the material (nicer, softer twill) and invest a bit more into the door part (more rigid sound proof half door) and i think i would be sold.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts