JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 JKU and am looking to get more ground clearance and improve my break-over angle. Has anyone installed the Genright 20 gal single gas tank? If so, do you like it and were there any surprises? I know i need to remove the stock tank, cut out a section of metal in the back, install a Currie Antirock sway bar and move the muffler. Is there anything else? Where did you attach the one corner of the stock transfer case skid plate? I think doing this will give me the largest ground clearance increase for the money. Thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My buddy Robb just went through this project a couple weeks ago & he'll be posting up here when he's off work to fill you in on his experience. Also you can search his build and should be one of the most recent updates. Look for robbs08jku.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Well it's a pretty bad ass tank but a bitch to install. The worst instructions I have ever used. I had to call them twice and also get a email of better instructions. Instructions that came with tank was 4-5 pages. Old instructions (the one the emailed me) was 19pages. I have the 25 gal one and they say it uses the stock fuel pump. Yea that's BS unless you extend the the stock fuel tank. I asked them how they did it, they tried to sell me their $800 fuel pump. Yea no!!! So if your gonna run the 20gal you should be fine on that end. If you need the old instructions I can email them to you. Also you will have to build a custom skid for the transfer case. I finally got my tank in and getting the bugs worked out of it. I extended my old fuel pump man that was interesting. But all work now. Also make sure you are using a stock rear track bar. Aftermarket ones won't work unless it's exactly like the stock one. Best is just to triangulate the rear suspension and ditch the damn track bar. Any how if have any questions feel free to hit me up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I haven't bought the tank yet. Still trying to decide between that and a higher lift this year. Will do the othwe one next year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts