JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can't seem to find them for sale anywhere. they were on xtreme 4x4 the other day when they did the TJ/JK trail ride...

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Bumpers are out... a guy just posted his installed one a couple days ago.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Northridge has the bumpers and tire carrier.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I thought that was a decent episode of extreme. I hadnt seen genrights products before. I wonder if there is any disadvantage to running the alum flares?

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
I want them to make a rear tire carrier for the JK like they do for the TJ. And get rid of some of the tube work on the front bumper. Imagine trying to change a light bulb, taking the grill off. I'm wondering if you have to take the bumper off. That would be a huge PITA. But I defintiely want their fenders.

·
Registered
854 Posts
The JK was running a rear tire carrier like the TJ. At least that's what I saw watching the show.

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
I knew I shouldn't have deleted it from my DVR so soon. Damn,....

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I want them to make a rear tire carrier for the JK like they do for the TJ. And get rid of some of the tube work on the front bumper. Imagine trying to change a light bulb, taking the grill off. I'm wondering if you have to take the bumper off. That would be a huge PITA. But I defintiely want their fenders.
It looks like there is plenty of room to pop the grill off from what I've seen in other peoples pictures.

·
Registered
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I knew I shouldn't have deleted it from my DVR so soon. Damn,....
they look similar but the TJ's hinges downward... like the hing is on the bumper and it swings back.

the JK's swings out like a typical tire carrier.

i agree though, i like the TJ design a lot more

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
The TJ version was way better. I remember seeing it now, and although the swing away design is nice and all i've wanted a swing down version for a while. I had actually contacted gen right over a year ago asking whether I could get the TJ version to fit the JK

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Did you notice the Genright guy said the aluminum bumpers were $699 on the JKOTV episode 8, but the website shows $999?? Wowzer!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts