JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i have one specific ? and then a general info ?

1-I am looking at buying a 08 JK 4 door, want to buy the x, but want a 44 front axle, does anyone know somewhere to get a 44 replacement that doesn't have all the electric crap that comes in the rubicon.

2-what are you alls favorite and least favorite items about the JK?

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts

1-I am looking at buying a 08 JK 4 door, want to buy the x, but want a 44 front axle, does anyone know somewhere to get a 44 replacement that doesn't have all the electric crap that comes in the rubicon.

1- the JK 44 is specific to the JK. I don't know what Mopar offers, but they will be by far the best deal on a new axle. The sell'em cheap. I think the speed sensors are built into the axle also.

2- the location of the steering stabilizer and evap can.

·
Registered
29 Posts

you can get the axle from 4WD for not too much coin!! I'm REALLY glad they are doing that with the axle assemblies now.

2. they have 4 doors, when my wife gets one it's gonna walk all over my CJ HAHA

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Many online vendors are now carrying the 44 axle for the front. Not sure it's an option to get it without the electric stuff. The price is somewhere between 1400 and 1600 depending on the gears and other stuff you get. The price is based on stock components.

Are you planning on bigger tires? If so you might just want to order with the bigger gears now so the dealer can add it to the loan if you don't have the coin and so they will cover.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Least favorite thing about the JK is the 42RLE automatic transmission. Absolute JUNK! :pissed::pissed::pissed: If you buy a JK I'd recommend the six speed.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
2x on six speed. I feel for those with Auto's as DD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts