JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2015 JKU. ProRock 60s. 40s. Double Triangulated Rear. 3 link Front. Fox coilovers on genright mounts
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Im looking for those of you who have done a L83 swap on a 4 door running one tons and 40s and who wheel it...I getting ready to start down this road and am looking for info so I can decide between the l83 and l86. I have a 2015 jku, on prorock 60s and 40s. I "daily" it, dont trailer it (yet), and dont live in the mountains. I'm going to go to rpm extreme for the swap and will be talking to jon soon, but just looking for others experiences who have a similar setup. Also, currently have 5.13 gears, but am thinking ill regear to 4.56 to get max strength out of the ring and pinion if the numbers work out that way. What gears do you run?

Are you happy with its overall performance? Do you wish you would have done l86 instead? My thinking is that for the extra few grand a l86 would cost I could do an atlas instead... thanks in advance for you input! And happy holidays!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi,

I have the L83 with the 6l80, but only w stock axles and 35’s. It is a great set up for this, but.....
during my swap most guys with your set up ran the 6.2 L86 and the 8 speed. Spend the money now on the larger engine, and see how you like it with the new 8 speed. I don’t think you will miss the atlas, with the lower trans gears.
Also, it will be a heck easier to add the atlas later rather than swapping to the L86.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.