JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on a holding pattern for a set of 5:13 or 5:38 Gears from ALLOY USA or Superior but have not had any luck yet. Anybody have any insight on these. I am hoping to get regeared prior to summer trips (June).

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have been on a holding pattern for a set of 5:13 or 5:38 Gears from ALLOY USA or Superior but have not had any luck yet. Anybody have any insight on these. I am hoping to get regeared prior to summer trips (June).
I just bought the Superior 5.13s from TrailDuty (great place to get them BTW). I've never actually heard of 5.38s.

I debated for a long time with 4.88s vs. 5.13s for my 35s. The major concensus out there is to go with 5.13s, so I did. I'm dying to get them installed because the 4.10s are a major suckfest at 8,000 feet where I live.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
I'm in the same boat. You should be able to get 5.13's from anybody. I'm waiting for 5.38's though. According to Dave at Northridge, Alloy USA is set to release them any day, but we know how that goes. Yukon is supposed to release them about August.

I'll wait until August if I have to, but if nobody has them yet, I guess I'll have to settle for 5.13's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We've been out of the 44 5.13 fronts, but expect to have them back in stock within a week.

5.38's have been a nightmare. We originally contracted those to a US gear plant almost two years ago. They completely screwed us.

Current production time on new gears runs about 9 months - so you can see how losing over a year put us way behind. Current ETA is late summer.

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Thanks for the update Ron.

I guess I'll have to spend my gear money on something else for now, plenty of other things to buy.

I'll be looking forward to your release later in the summer. :beer:

·
Registered
592 Posts
We've been out of the 44 5.13 fronts, but expect to have them back in stock within a week.

5.38's have been a nightmare. We originally contracted those to a US gear plant almost two years ago. They completely screwed us.

Current production time on new gears runs about 9 months - so you can see how losing over a year put us way behind. Current ETA is late summer.

Thanks,
Ron
Ron, do you have 5.13 rears with 1/2" RG bolts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts