JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently got my 1st jeep, and need some advice. It's a 2008 JK 4 Dr, and so far it's got a 4" Teraflex Lift, 35" BFGs, Airaid CAI, and in the next few days a throttle body spacer from Air Aid. I know there's mixed feelings on those, but hey, it was a free offer. So, now my next move. I really want more power, so it's either upgrading the muffler, or regearing. Now, in time I'll do both, but what would you guys recommend 1st? If I go with the gears, should I go 4.88 or 5.13? Anyone know the advantages on either or with the 35" tires? And the muffler, any reccomendations? I like the way the Gibsion split looks, but haven't heard much about the performance. I'm leaning towards magnoflow, but not sure...your thoughts? Oh-also, auto trans, currently 3.73 gears.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I would go ahead with the 5.13 gears, especially with the auto.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm leaning that way...by the way, checked out the pic of your jeep for sale-that is a thing of beauty...if only I had a spare 40k lying around here somewhere...

·
Registered
851 Posts
I went with the Cool tech system I like it a lot plus I feel the power better since I put it on! It has a magnoflow muffler too. And it is much better than the stock one for water crossings!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts