JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best gears to run with 39s or 40s and still go down the road. Im looking at mog axles but they have something like 7:13s thinking thats a little low but i also know the motor has no nuts. So?:bounce:

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
6.1 HEMI swap, 5.13 gears. That aughta do it!:)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
5.13's are the biggest I've seen so far without a custom axle.

·
Registered
281 Posts
What would be the best gears to run with 39s or 40s and still go down the road. Im looking at mog axles but they have something like 7:13s thinking thats a little low but i also know the motor has no nuts. So?:bounce:

Just call a 4x4 shop and let them look it up, don't get someone's opinion, get the facts.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Is this an automatic or a 6 spd? It will help us guide you but as stated above it's about what is the RPM range at 60 mph based on circum of tire and gear ratio. So for example, I can run 35" with 4.88 as I have a 6spd but someone with an auto would want to run 5.13 in order to achieve the same RPMs.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I hope your not planning on running the axles with 40's. Like said above the lower the better. Mog axles would be seriously low. If it were me I would go with D60's front and rear, 5.38's and a hemi. I would also seriously consider an AtlasII t-case or a fliped D300

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hemi is not going to happen. But im working with some people and we are looking at a EV conversion, wich is sweet seeing I'll never have to put gas in it! :thefinger:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hemi is not going to happen. But im working with some people and we are looking at a EV conversion, wich is sweet seeing I'll never have to put gas in it! :thefinger:

Electric?? Nice.... Do us a favor and start a new thread when that project starts... I would love to see it!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts