JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a long time lurker on this forum and used its search many a times to help with upgrade ideas or repairs, but this is my first post. Bought my used 08 JKU X about 6 years ago and i was addicted off the bat. Didn't take long before my pockets were empty each paycheck to buy this or that for her. But I believe it is time to sell. Don't worry I still have the bug, I have been eyeballing the Gladiator Mojave something serious lately. I tossed the idea around of keeping the JK (paid off) getting a pickup truck as I do a lot of projects around the house needing a truck and trailer and my daily drive is 100 miles round trip, so a little more on road comfort and payload/cargo is needed. A trip to the stealership to get a trade in value didn't net what I think she may be able to fetch but that didn't surprise me, so I guess my question to the group would be, am I out of my mind thinking I can let her go for $15k? They offered $9500 (KKB says about $8k) but I would expect to see it on the lot for way more and cash only given the year and mileage. Now that $15k is probably close to how much I have put into her in upgrades or minor fixes, but I don't expect to get any of that back necessarily. Even the salesman I was talking to at the stealership told me shes a unicorn in my area because of the stock Mopar half doors. In my 12 years living in my town I have only seen one besides mine and that was down in Jacksonville.

08 JKU model X automatic
166k miles (still a daily driver but typically about 400 miles a week put on her) I travel frequently for work so for some weeks its 0. Motor is strong and doesn't give me any problems at all, I would expect another 75k miles at least with little to no problems. My original thought was when I wore this motor out I would do the LS swap but she is still kicking good. So down to the list of goodies and a couple of pics.
  • Stock Mopar half doors, replaced the uppers about 2 years ago and they are in great shape, have originals too (thought about adding the retrofit glass in the old set)
  • 2 year old Bestop Trektop Pro (hybrid softtop with glass rear)
  • Coverking Leatherette seat covers
  • 315/75/16 General Grabbers AT2 (13/32" remaining tread) on 16" MB TKO's
  • Stock Dana 30 front axles
  • Dana Spicer 44 rear axles (replaced due to bearing wear)
  • G2 4.88 gears front and rear
  • superchips flashcal to correct for gearing and tires
  • 2.5" Teraflex lift kit with Fox Shocks (model 1251000)
  • roughcountry adjustable track bars front and rear
  • stepside/rockslider
  • steel chopped fenders
  • steel fender liners
  • steel stubby front bumper with quadratec 9500 winch w/synthetic line, recovery kit with shackles, snatchblock, tree savers
  • steel rear bumper
  • bumper 20" lightbar, windshield light cubes, rear bumper lights
  • appolotech switch pod with 6 circuits and voltmeter
  • led headlights with halo/DRL

Am i out of my mind thinking $15k is a good deal or at least starting point for negotiations?

·
Premium Member
4,937 Posts
Not unreasonable but mileage is a little on the high side. You can always lower it if no nibbles.

I'll swap doors with u/I heard full doors will make it sell faster

Will be handing my 08 over to the 14yo in 2.5 years/keep it in the family

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the input. I would rather spend the time and effort (unfortunately along with dealing with the scammers) to get at least a couple extra grand by selling private over the 6 or 700 bucks in tax savings by trading.

·
Registered
683 Posts
just sold my 2 door '08 for 6200. did need some work though. mine also had high mileage 160K

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just sold my 2 door '08 for 6200. did need some work though. mine also had high mileage 160K
Fortunately the engine and all mechanicals are in great shape and needs nothing but someone to taker her out and get her dirty. Though the paint would need attention if someone was just wanting a mall crawler and not an off road toy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ve got a trip out of town for work in a few days that will keep me gone into October. When I get back I’ll start deciding in earnest if I trade or sell private. Anyone know how well they sell on here?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts