JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone without power windows put a gauge here. I have been thinking about it. Seems like plenty of room behind it.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
I'd look at an angled ring to go behind it. Don't remember who makes them, maybe summit has them. A flat gauge there would be hard to read/look weird.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The gauge I have right now is a digital volt gauge so I don't thing it would be hard to read. Plus its nothing important just thought id throw it in somewhere since I have it. My brother gave it to me because he doesn't need it anymore.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
. A flat gauge there would be hard to read/look weird.
I dont get why people think that, someone said that in the thread where the guy made the 3 mount pod on top of the center of dash. Our radios are mounted flat and not angled towards drivers seat, not hard to read the radio :laughing:

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
I dont get why people think that, someone said that in the thread where the guy made the 3 mount pod on top of the center of dash. Our radios are mounted flat and not angled towards drivers seat, not hard to read the radio :laughing:
Look at any gauge at an angle. It makes the needle look differently along it's reading scale. Reading a flat display from an angle is not like reading an analog gauge..

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Looks more toward 12v than hardly 11v. It'd annoy the crap out of me to look at a gauge from an angle.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Look at any gauge at an angle. It makes the needle look differently along it's reading scale. Reading a flat display from an angle is not like reading an analog gauge..
ok yeah I agree now, wasnt thinking about how they would be off a little when on a angle. Just get digital :laughing:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But like I said its digital led. no needle

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I've had that center part out to swap my radio and yeah, there is plenty of room on the back side of the panel.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did it. Easy as hell. 2 inch holesaw and she fits nice and snug. Looks awesome. Maybe one day ill but a gauge there that does something useful.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

1 - 13 of 13 Posts