JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had River Raider spray the Tub with gatorHyde. Already the JK sounds quieter and less hot from the engine.

Special thanks to River Raider for doing the work along with some mod to my AEV wench mount.

Stripped the Interior and sanded for GatorHyde to be sprayed.

Ken Sanding

Another View of before GatorHyde

Masked and Gatored

Everything put back together

·
Registered
336 Posts
How much does something like that cost? I've been wondering if I could get something like that done soon, but wasn't sure how much it would be.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Looks good. Someday I'll get around to doing mine. :beer:

Does anybody know the purpose in the filler material that is used? You know the stuff that looks like rows of caulk. Has anybody removed this stuff, or is it needed for support? I'm thinking I might fill it in and smooth it out before lining mine.

·
Openly Hostile
6,938 Posts
Looks good. Someday I'll get around to doing mine. :beer:

Does anybody know the purpose in the filler material that is used? You know the stuff that looks like rows of caulk. Has anybody removed this stuff, or is it needed for support? I'm thinking I might fill it in and smooth it out before lining mine.
Usually that stuff is there for sound deadening.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Lining

couple questions

1. who removed the interior?

2. Who did the sanding?

3. How long did they have the Jeep?

thanks

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
I left it in, it helps with the heat and sound. I just threw some rubber mats down so you'd never know it's there anyway. Besides I'm betting getting it all out may prove to be a pain.

I'm leaning on keeping the caulk in mine for those very same reasons...

What did you use? Rhinoliner, line-x, etc.... Did you notice any adhesian problems?

Got any pics? Love to see more pics of the liner sprayed in with the caulking still in place.

·
Vendor
2,525 Posts
I assume you are leaving in the caulk?

take pics of before, during, and after. Don't be shy with the pics either!:beer:
I am going to kind of wing it to be honest with you, i don't have anymore wheeling trips planned after this weekend for a few weeks so i can kind of take my time, i will make sure and take pics.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
What did you use? Rhinoliner, line-x, etc.... Did you notice any adhesian problems?
I used Plasti Coat. I've used it in the past and really liked it, seems to adhere better than Duplicolor, although Duplicolor is pretty good too and would have been mine second choice. I had a bad experience with Herculiner once and don't use it anymore.

Got any pics? Love to see more pics of the liner sprayed in with the caulking still in place.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.