JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stant parts number for the gas cap is 10838, just incase you need it, like i did. Had to buy a new gas cap today, lost the original one somewhere, gas station didnt have it. Is there any reason why jeep didnt include a peice to anchor the gas cap to the fill hole? Anything we can do about this? I dont want to lose another one :p Would a small peice of steel cable work here? Any other ideas?

·
Registered
37 Posts
The stant parts number for the gas cap is 10838, just incase you need it, like i did. Had to buy a new gas cap today, lost the original one somewhere, gas station didnt have it. Is there any reason why jeep didnt include a peice to anchor the gas cap to the fill hole? Anything we can do about this? I dont want to lose another one :p Would a small peice of steel cable work here? Any other ideas?
mate the Australian ones are anchored so there is a part avalible for it mine is a crd but it shouldnt be a diferent filler neck

·
Registered
749 Posts
mate the Australian ones are anchored so there is a part avalible for it mine is a crd but it shouldnt be a diferent filler neck
Mines anchored ,.....yours should of been unless they changed it.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Mine was anchored until I put a locker on it.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Mine was anchored too until I put a locker on it. Then I misplaced the key and found I could take the nonlocking one off in ten seconds and the locking one off in fifteen (with no key.) :pissed: Now my non-locked one is anchored again.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Mine was anchored too until I put a locker on it. Then I misplaced the key and found I could take the nonlocking one off in ten seconds and the locking one off in fifteen (with no key.) :pissed: Now my non-locked one is anchored again.
Prybar? Excessive hand pressure whilst turning? What's the trick so I can test mine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Prybar? Excessive hand pressure whilst turning? What's the trick so I can test mine.
Just push on it while turning. It will get enough grip to unscrew. Locks only keep the honest folks out, anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts