JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
It'd a good gps. Screen is lower quality and user interface isn't the most user friendly but the gos itself works great. I think I've seen them sell new for not much more than that 150 though. Also, unless the software has been added, it doesn't have routable maps so don't count on it to get you to the local walmart. Its a mapping gps good fir saving tracks and waypoints and such.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I have a garmin nuvi 755 I think it is I'll sell you for $125. Works great on and off road!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks im looking more into it. it has to be european maps right now and i would like a hand held for hiking and biking as well

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the 60csx, which has the better receiver for greater accuracy.

I found the mapping disapointing, with the small screen.

I also have an Oregon, which has far superior mapping capabilities, and there are plenty of free open source maps available if you don't want to pay for (or copy) Garmin maps.

It's also great for paperless geocaching, and despite having a touch screen, is a tough little unit. I use it for rambling and offroading.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the 60csx, which has the better receiver for greater accuracy.

I found the mapping disapointing, with the small screen.

I also have an Oregon, which has far superior mapping capabilities, and there are plenty of free open source maps available if you don't want to pay for (or copy) Garmin maps.

It's also great for paperless geocaching, and despite having a touch screen, is a tough little unit. I use it for rambling and offroading.
thanks

·
Registered
540 Posts
Someone on the trail had one of those last weekend. Turned it on in the middle of the desert. No satellites according to the unit. When we moved to the pine covered of the section it said we were in Los Angeles, and still had no satellites, two hrs passed. 2 hrs more passed, he locked one satellite.

Old technology.

Save your money and get the new Montana:
http://sites.garmin.com/montana/

If I were in the market for a new off road capable GPS this would be the one, large size, geocache capable, talks you, screen self orients. Just about all the 3790LMT features in a ruggedized package.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Someone on the trail had one of those last weekend. Turned it on in the middle of the desert. No satellites according to the unit. When we moved to the pine covered of the section it said we were in Los Angeles, and still had no satellites, two hrs passed. 2 hrs more passed, he locked one satellite.

Old technology.

Save your money and get the new Montana:
http://sites.garmin.com/montana/

If I were in the market for a new off road capable GPS this would be the one, large size, geocache capable, talks you, screen self orients. Just about all the 3790LMT features in a ruggedized package.
thats awesome thanks for showing me that

·
Registered
102 Posts
X2 on the Montana, really nice set of features.

·
Registered
799 Posts
:) I have a TomTom VIA ($105 bucks)-you get free internet map updates and I haven't had any trouble in the Nv desert where our cell phones get no reception-

I haven't triedit in the Sierras yet !

:bounce: JIMBO

·
Registered
803 Posts

Old technology.
Guess you guys where running under tin heads, that old technology (SirFIII Chipset) is accurate and does acquire satellites well enough with the standard antenna of the CS models on free line of sight to the sky (Quad Helix antenna on x models worksed better though).
However 150 bucks is too much IMO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts